Vinopolis

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 20 June 2012 7.09am
I was wondering if anyone has been to vinopolis and what your experience was as I have herd mixed reviews from work colleagues.
Thursday 21 June 2012 8.56pm
errrrr, anyone??
Thursday 21 June 2012 9.32pm
Better hurry as the Wine tour side of it is due to close for a refurb

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/6069
Friday 22 June 2012 8.53am
well....

First of all, our 'how to taste wine' with Robert was not professional what so ever, he opened the session with red wine and advised everybody on several occasions that you should NEVER start a tasting tour with Red wine.??

Secondly - We received the impression that he was not giving us his full attention and kept looking over his shoulder and completely disregarded our group. We found this to be VERY unprofessional and did not feel we could ask any questions.

Lastly - we had a very limited amount of wines to try and were advised by your staff that as you were closing in a few weeks for refurbishment there was not a wide range as per usual.

I have emailed them complaining and requesting a refund of some kind and they have not got back to us for over a week now.

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
Friday 22 June 2012 10.42am
I went there yesterday on a tour and had a great time. The guide was very educational and the wine selection afterwards was great.

Previously I've been to the comedy nights they used to have (I don't think they do them anymore) and have always had a good time there and tried excellent wine.
Friday 22 June 2012 11.54am
I thought you said you had "herd" mixed reviews from colleagues, but now you seem to be saying you went there a week ago and had a bad experience? Which is it?
Friday 22 June 2012 7.01pm
Err, You sure you're not an employee of Vinopolis se1lurker? why do you seem so bothered?? Why does it seem to be confusing for you??

I had herd mixed reviews from colleagues AFTER i attended the week before and wanted other peoples opinion.

But for an update, Vinopolis have emailed me today (bit of a coincidence) apologising and offering half my refund.

There fore the matter is closed.

(Last time i ask for other peoples opinion on here, some people seem VERY stuck up)
Friday 22 June 2012 11.44pm
Err, demonsaphire,

Best to be upfront about your agenda when you start a thread....you then impatiently responded to your own post after 36 hours...and then criticised se1lurker for his legitimate query.

Well done! Looking forward to your next post...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: