Shard opening laser show

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Saturday 30 June 2012 12.21am
Hi all,

Sure you've probably seen this:
Looks like a sparkling night although I heard best place to see it is from south bank... Was hoping to see from my bermondsey pad east of the Shard. what is everyone else thinking?
Saturday 30 June 2012 7.55am
St Thomas' st heading towards bermondsey st should have great views
Monday 2 July 2012 3.00pm
Entertainment of a different sort from the Shard earlier this afternoon, and no doubt unplanned: the sight of the platform / cage dangling on several metres of cable from the end of the davit at the top the building, swinging and twisting around alarmingly in the wind, seemingly out of control. It had attracted the attention of some of the guys from Skanska working at B/Market, who had been watching it for a while and were speculating how long it would be before it parted company with it's moorings.

It was still gyrating at least 15 minutes later, then the thing appeared to be gradually hauled in and secured.

Think I may give the building a wide berth in future...
Monday 2 July 2012 3.11pm
Matt King posted this video:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 2 July 2012 6.48pm
Just seen it on the London news, seems it was a proper emergency with fire crews and ambulances attending.
Thursday 5 July 2012 9.37am
Does anyone know where we'll be able to hear the music from? I know the London Philharmonic will be accompanying the light show but I don't know where they'll be or if there'll be lots of speakers dotted around?
Thursday 5 July 2012 10.18am
i think the music will only be heard within the Shard itself. No evidence for saying this though. It would be very hard to broadcast all over. The real show will be the lights. Best vantage point?
Thursday 5 July 2012 10.27am
I think that the idea is that the music is audible on the web stream on the event on the Shard website.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 5 July 2012 12.34pm
Very excited about this - having watched the Shard being built, the opening should be good tonight ! Am thinking London Bridge to be a good spot to view
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: