Bermondsey Street or Borough High Street?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 30 June 2012 9.07am
Hi se1 I am currently on the hunt for a property in the area and love bermondsey st but have only found a place I like to live in on borough high st moments from the mkt , my question is will I lose out on all that's great about the quieter bermondsey st living on busy high st. ? Or can I still enjoy both as am only a short walk away , I really want to feel part of a community but am worried living on high st is another part of faceless London . Hope u can help
Saturday 30 June 2012 10.15am
Have you seen BHS? I guess if more residents lived there it could turn into a nice street but personally I find it a bit grim and wish something was done to bring more life to it.
Saturday 30 June 2012 10.24am
Bermondsey St. every time
Saturday 30 June 2012 10.54am
Bhs is hideous ... And showing no sign of improvement . But it's handy for the market , transport and attractions e .g Tate modern
Saturday 30 June 2012 1.47pm
try looking in Union Street - best of both worlds...
Saturday 30 June 2012 2.38pm
shaggy wrote:
try looking in Union Street - best of both worlds...
I was thinking that as well... US isn't too bad and has plenty of potential.
Monday 2 July 2012 10.51am
For the noise alone, anywhere other than Borough High Street. A friend only lasted a few months there - her flat was very hot but if she opened the windows, she could barely hear herself speak. Not only is the road noisy all day but there is a lot of noise at night. She had to contend with the Blue Eyed Maid's karaoke man coming out onto the street with his microphone singing to try and attract business! A lot of the bars on BHS have late licences - Belushi's until 4am at weekends. Union Street is a good bet but there are several other quiet roads around both BHS and Bermondsey Street also worth a look. Good luck!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network