Tickets For The Shard

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Friday 6 July 2012 8.13am
Having problems getting the website to work for tickets to visit the viewing platform for the Shard...anyone else having the same issues or managed to get some?
Friday 6 July 2012 8.24am
24.95 (18.95 concession) is a rip off. You'd think the Qatari's would be nice a let the public up for free or a minimal charge. It's not as if they need the money. Go up the Monument over the river for for 3.00 kids 1.50 and get some exercise at same time
Friday 6 July 2012 8.32am
thanks for the advice but i'd rather go up the Shard
Friday 6 July 2012 8.39am
duncr wrote:
24.95 (18.95 concession) is a rip off. You'd think the Qatari's would be nice a let the public up for free or a minimal charge. It's not as if they need the money. Go up the Monument over the river for for 3.00 kids 1.50 and get some exercise at same time

The London Eye is 17.00 and you go half as high, and you're only at that height for a couple of minutes.

The price is fair and in line with other tourist attractions.
Friday 6 July 2012 8.42am
Also, to answer the original question, I can't find where you go to buy tickets? The Shard website only seems to have a form to sign up for updates.
Friday 6 July 2012 8.45am
Not sure you can buy tickets yet, the platform is only scheduled to open in Feb 2013 to the public.
Friday 6 July 2012 8.46am
The web site for tickets is:

http://www.theviewfromtheshard.com/

It doesn't seem to be working - I have been trying since 9am when it went live.

I think the tickets are fairly priced compared to other cities and other tourist attractions in London.
Friday 6 July 2012 8.47am
Hi Guy's St - back to your original question ! I don't think the viewing areas are open until the spring. The 'grand opening' yesterday was to signify the outside of the building is complete, now they have to fit out the interior. Just make sure if you are spending all that money you pick a nice clear day :-)
Friday 6 July 2012 8.49am
You can buy tickets today from 9am. The site is now down, however, presumably due to the huge demand.
Friday 6 July 2012 8.49am
Tickets were meant to be on sale from 9am this morning but you get half way through the booking process and it keeps failing...some Italian ticketing company are running it for the Shard but don't seem to be doing it very well.

And for comparison

Top of the Rock - NYC - $ 25 (approx 17)
Burj Khalifa - UAE - AED 100 (approx 17)
Sears Tower - Chicago - $ 17.50-35.00 (approx 11- 22)
Empire State - NYC - $ 42-64.50 (approx 27-42)

So maybe it is a bit expensive (but not compared to the Empire State Building) but isn't everything in this country compared to a lot of overseas places.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: