Coffee on Southwark Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 8 July 2012 8.27am
A pointer for these guys just opened, Curio Cabal situated on the ground floor of the Art Academy building on Southwark St (opposite side of car park from Meiner). Monmouth coffee, treats and exhibition space. Think Shoreditch without the trendies (yet). Also, showing proposals for the planned redevelopment of the site with a rather wonderful rocket theme, linked to the building's obscure russian narrative.

I should declare a connection; I've given them my easy listening record collection to provide a vibe for the shabby chic look they're developing. So if you like a bit of Klaus Wundelich on hammond organ with your americano, the dulcet tones of Sinatra with your carrot cake or perhaps the melancholy trumpets of Al Hirt with your slice of cherry pie (though I'm not actually certain they do cherry pie) I guess you could do worse than pop by.
Sunday 8 July 2012 3.28pm
Hi Tolstoy

Thanks for the info - sounds great - will give it a try. BTW we still have your very kindly lent slide projector! PM us when best to return it to you.

Best wishes
Mini

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: