Storing a bike in/near Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 8 July 2012 7.50pm
I want to buy a (pedal) bike for occasional use (once or twice a week, probably in the evenings) but am puzzling how I might store it securely when not in use. I suppose there are some commercial bike storage facilities around (eg On Yer Bike) but my understanding is that they tend to shut in the early evening. There are plenty of car parks around - and I have my own car park space - but my understanding is that bikes are not welcome and in any case security can be an issue. I am desperate not to have to store the bike in my (small) flat.

I can't have a unique need so I must be missing something. Any suggestions?
Sunday 8 July 2012 8.13pm
There is a car park on Gainsford Street that at some point offered storage space for pushbikes. This was a couple of years ago, Idon't remember the pricing though.
Zoe
Sunday 8 July 2012 9.34pm
Buy a fold up bike, I keep my Brompton under my kitchen table.
Sunday 8 July 2012 11.29pm
I had my car broken into in the Gainford St car park. It may be ok now but just thought I'd mention it.

Also I work on Queen Elizabeth St and bikes regularly get stolen from outside my work. The chavs from the estates come along with bolt cutters and steal them in plain view of anyone that happens to be having a ciggie outside.
Monday 9 July 2012 8.44am
I would second a brompton, bring it indoors with you. Nowhere in London is a bike safe outside! It's only a matter of time!
Monday 9 July 2012 9.58pm
There are some secure bike lockers on some estates, there might be one near you - possibly the Arnold Estate?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: