C10 service getting worse

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 9 July 2012 8.05am
the service improved considerably when the new company took over but now seems to be getting much much worse 20 minutes between buses in the morning rush hour and it is impossible in Long Lane to get on the buses when there is such a gap in services - this morning i waited 25 minutes and could not get on the bus and the next one was showing as 20 minutes. Once again i have had to get a cab to get to work on time.
Monday 9 July 2012 9.26am
Dee dee, the service indee has be atrocious. I catch it at Page Street southbound. It is 8 short stops from the start of the route in Victoria, and already the actual arrival times are vastly different from the published timetable. I would happily catch it every morning but the service is so unreliable I have to use the much costlier Tube instead.
Tuesday 10 July 2012 11.06am
Yep. Just before I left the office yesterday there was one due on the countdown timer in 3 minutes, and the next one in 27 minutes. I forget how often it's meant to be, but... more than that, right?!
Tuesday 10 July 2012 11.21am
The service did not improve very much, when Abellio took over; they introduced larger buses, a year or so ago, which at least enables one to exit the bus without having to push through the crowds.

TFL has the responsibility for the service and you need to write to them:

https://custserv.tfl.gov.uk/icss_csip/ZCreateRequestChangeRelatesTo.do?newTab=CA_12228

If more people would write to TFL, they would HAVE to take positive action to improve the service!

PLEASE - do it!
Tuesday 10 July 2012 11.42am
I have been on the C10 twice in the past month while it has been involved in a collision. Neither time was it the bus driver's fault, though.

First where it turns off Borough High Street into Long Lane, someone simply drove into the back of it and by the looks of t, wrote off their car. The headlight was completely crushed and the radiator was squirting liquid. The bus merely had a scratch!

The second time was yesterday at the bottom of Westminster Bridge Road, a car in the middle lane was too close to the bus and the vehicles clipped each other as the bus went to turn the corner. Had to get off the bus and get the next one.

Makes you wonder how often this happens!
Wednesday 11 July 2012 2.06pm
I there a good reason why the C10 is this glorified minibus instead of a normal double decker? Maybe there is a low bridge somewhere en route or something like that?
Wednesday 11 July 2012 2.27pm
Is anyone else going to contact TFL - or am I a lonely Gent looking for a loo on a windy day?!
Wednesday 11 July 2012 6.16pm
I have contacted them. Put it under "suggestions" on their webpage. Something along the lines of can we have a bus big enough for all of us, please...
Thursday 12 July 2012 8.48am
Katia wrote:
I there a good reason why the C10 is this glorified minibus instead of a normal double decker? Maybe there is a low bridge somewhere en route or something like that?

I think there are a couple of low bridges - though the one at the top of Abbey Street is the only one that springs to mind, and for much of the rest of the route the C10 is shadowed by double deckers. 381 for the whole of the peninsula for instance. The bridge by Lower Marsh is low, but double deckers (just) squeeze under it.

I imagine there would be another way round if necessary though, if that is the only low bridge - the route of the 188 from Tower Bridge Road to Bermondsey Station wouldn't take many people far astray, for example.
Thursday 12 July 2012 10.09am
i think the issue is on the way to Victoria-there is a very tight turn the bus can just make and it would require some moving of traffic islands etc
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: