Man and van

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 9 July 2012 12.18pm
Can anyone recommend a 'man and van' - we need help moving from our Bermondsey flat into another nearby?
Monday 9 July 2012 5.00pm
A similar request from me: we will need a man and van who is prepared to help us move some essential household items into a property in SW France, and offer an extra pair of hands during a few days of move in
Monday 9 July 2012 9.04pm
I'd suggest trying zipvan for the first post. You can hire vans by the hour- ideal for moving locally! Not so sure it would be cost effective for SW France though!!
Monday 9 July 2012 10.41pm
I used Anyvan quite recently. Mans with Vans bid for the job. The one I went with wasn't the cheapest but he had a lot of good feedback. He was still about a third of the price I had found elsware.
Tuesday 10 July 2012 12.45pm
Thanks Beetroot - I'd not heard of that service.
Thursday 23 August 2012 2.18pm
I just want tell everyone never to use Aussiemanandvan The guys that helped to move were nice but all the people I spoke to at the office were awful, very unfriendly, unhelpful, then they charged us many hundreds of pounds more then they first said it would cost. Moving is hard work but with Aussiemanandvan it is a nightmare.
Thursday 23 August 2012 2.27pm
Used Anyvan recently and got MMC to do the job. All done according to plan ad price. Good service.
Thursday 23 August 2012 3.13pm
Aussie van (Once described as 'The Foxtons of man-and-van Companies') went bust around Christmas 2011, but has since been bought out by a larger removal firm, Ward-Thomas and remains as a brand to attract their smaller moves.
It's quite a story about zero hours contracts, billing via credit cards, and hidden charges. A sort of mix of McJobs and Ryannair, some might say.
More here

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: