Help with Sonos music system

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
GC
Monday 9 July 2012 12.22pm
I have a Sonos music system which was great until I changed my laptop.Now I can't load music up any longer and the system isn't 'reading' the music stored unless my computer is turned on. It's bound to be a very simple matter but beyond my computer skills. Is there a techi person out there who can help please? I also understand that it's supposed to be able to read from my Ipod and visa versa?
Monday 9 July 2012 2.33pm
Have you tried www.avforums.com? Probably a better bet for an answer than londson-se1.com. Good luck!
GC
Monday 9 July 2012 3.15pm
No I haven't and thanks for this advice. I'll give it a go.
Thursday 19 July 2012 1.14pm
0808 234 6596 is the tech support number for Sonos. They are brilliant. Hope this helps
Friday 20 July 2012 12.24am
I own a couple of Sonos S5's and it's always been my understanding that if you have your music on a computer and want your Sonos player to access it then that computer needs to be on. That's why I have all my music on a NAS Drive so that the Sonos player can access it all the time. You can pick up 1TB versions for about 100.

With regards to the iPod you can either plug it into the back of your player or buy a Sonos wireless dock: http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/music-streamers/sonos-wireless-dock-review-50001516/

Hope that helps.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: