NatWest Tower Bridge Road cash machine

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 11 July 2012 8.13am
users of this atm may have been subject to fraud from saturday last at 1430 to it's closure 1300 sunday.
i witnessed the theft of one customer's card by scammers who watch over your shoulder for the pin number and if criminal 1 sees it, his accomplice will reach over your shoulder and push the cancel button before lifting your card. they will then advise you that the machine is not working - and armed with your pin and card go on a spree!
before we could cancel the customer's card 'your call is important to us ...', the criminals had emptied his account of 250.
the cash slot was also blocked during this time so if you used your card and didn't get cash, the thieves came later and took it!
local bank staff appear somewhat indifferent to this highway robbery - if you were a victim, call southwark police to report it.
there is a dedicated cctv camera at this site so pictures of the toerags should be available ...
Wednesday 11 July 2012 4.06pm
thanks for flagging. I use this one a lot and I am sure these people will spread out
Wednesday 11 July 2012 5.25pm
I've got deja vu. I'm sure this happened at this bank a few years back.
Zoe
Wednesday 11 July 2012 6.06pm
I believe it has happened more recently and also at the Barclays on TBR, not sure why TBR is being targeted so much as I know of several incidents.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: