Whitesmith's Arms, Crosby Row - closed down?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 16 July 2012 8.51am
I went for a drink at my local, the Whitesmith's Arms on Crosby Row, on Friday night and found that the pub had closed early, and there were a couple of police vans outside. On Saturday it looked like the landlady was moving out and on Sunday there was a sign saying the pub was closed. Anyone know what's going on?
Monday 16 July 2012 4.04pm
Bit of a shame if it's closing down. Never really the friendliest place in the world (imo) but had a nice outside bit and it's a shame when traditional-style pubs disappear
Monday 16 July 2012 4.34pm
One of SE1's most peaceful beer gardens out the back. The pub never exactly seemed a goldmine but had a quite pleasant makeover only in recent months. Pity if it's gone.
Tuesday 17 July 2012 10.31am
I think they shot somebody in the legs one year ago... Not my standard of friendly...
Tuesday 17 July 2012 11.58am
orione wrote:
I think they shot somebody in the legs one year ago... Not my standard of friendly...

I don't think that was the management or staff!
Jac
Friday 20 July 2012 3.55pm
Good news. The Whitesmiths is open again.
Monday 23 July 2012 4.20pm
anyone know why it was closed, or what happened?
Monday 23 July 2012 7.38pm
rumour of a possible repossession,though this came from another Pub landlord in the area
Wednesday 25 July 2012 8.32pm
Jac wrote:
Good news. The Whitesmiths is open again.

When I went past at about 2.30pm yesterday the chalk boards were back outside but the door was locked and no sign of life inside.
Wednesday 25 July 2012 8.51pm
went by on Monday at that time and it was open
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: