A quick question

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Tuesday 17 July 2012 11.58am
Is this forum strictly for moaner or do people post about the many good things about the SE1 area
Tuesday 17 July 2012 12.00pm
TimC wrote:
Is this forum strictly for moaner or do people post about the many good things about the SE1 area
Yes, your moan about the forum is quite welcome.
Tuesday 17 July 2012 12.40pm
TimC wrote:

You've either not read the forum, and/or are blatantly trolling.

You'll find lots of good things about SE1 here, along with advice and critical reviews of the places and services we enjoy. To kick you off, why not try these below. Does anyone else have any "good things" threads they'd like to suggest?

Union Street stencil project
Where to find good ingredients
The best place for Sunday lunch

And it's always worth running a search for curry recommendations as that comes up frequently!
Tuesday 17 July 2012 3.03pm
TimC wrote:
I love SE1, wouldn't live anywhere else, having the occasional moan or even a rant is brilliant, walking home from work along the river is still a pleasure after all these years even if it rains, life is beautiful, my pint at the local is always half full. Cheerful enough?
Tuesday 17 July 2012 3.13pm
And maybe SE1 is the brilliant place that it is BECAUSE of some of the moaning that goes on on here...trying to keep everyone on their toes in making the place great
Tuesday 17 July 2012 5.41pm
It's a fantastic site. So much support, information, advice and warnings. Of course there is some moaning, but this usually triggers action and then we all benefit.
Tuesday 17 July 2012 5.42pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
my pint at the local is always half full.

I know, mine too. Can't get the bar staff these days to pull a good one without a vast head of foam, moan moan;-\
Tuesday 17 July 2012 7.03pm
Boroman wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
my pint at the local is always half full.

I know, mine too. Can't get the bar staff these days to pull a good one without a vast head of foam, moan moan;-\
Hah!
Tuesday 17 July 2012 7.10pm
TimC,
I must confess I have, on occasions, been a little mischievous and posted stuff on the 'Chatter' page purely to invite, (or, sometimes provoke,) a response. It's what chatter, (with no inverted commas,) is all about.
Either your post is a genuine comment, or you've posted it for similar reasons to mine. If it's the latter, then well done; it's worked a treat. It's lovely to see how the SE1 er's have responded and rallied around the flag in the sites defence. I would live in SE1 tomorrow if I could afford to, but I'm a castaway in the Thames estuary, in darkest Westcliff. But who knows, (elephant's graveyard and all that, ) I may be back!
I could think of a lot worse places to spend my remaining years.
God bless SE1 !! (Wipes tear from eye, sips wine.)
Tuesday 17 July 2012 7.41pm
Boroman wrote:
Can't get the bar staff these days to pull a good one without a vast head of foam, moan moan;-\

If you don't point that out, you're daft. If you do and they don't accept it, don't pay, walk out. Moan about it on here or anywhere else if that's what floats your boat, but do vote with your feet and your money.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: