Choosing a Gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 18 July 2012 12.35pm
Hey all,
Newly moved into the area and struggling to settle upon a gym. Firstly WOW they're all expensive round here and secondly I'm torn between Fitness first cottons and 37degrees.

I've read on some forums that 37degrees' staff/management can be a bit abrasive and occasionally bullying. Not really what I'm after for 80 odd a month ha!
So can anyone who goes there give me some insight?

Cheers!
Wednesday 18 July 2012 12.53pm
Not ALL expensive.

I'm a member at Fitness4Less - 15 a month, no contract. It is quite busy at peak times, but is pretty big and well equipped if you don't mind going hunting for the correct weights. It seems that users of budget gyms aren't able to put things back when they're finished with them.
Wednesday 18 July 2012 1.27pm
I have also heard many good comments about Fitness4Less.......I go to Soho Gyms, around 60 and have been pleased since joining 5 years ago
Wednesday 18 July 2012 1.32pm
I have also been going to Soho gyms and I really like it there. Staff are always available, the premises well kept and clean. Couldn't recommend it more!
Wednesday 18 July 2012 1.39pm
I live at the end of Tooley st near the design museum. Borough square is too far away I think :-/
Wednesday 18 July 2012 2.20pm
There's a Fitness First Platinum gym in London Bridge Hotel (behind London Bridge, next to the Shard) which is cheaper than Cottons (I'm paying 57 a month, but that's because I'm only on a 4 month contract. It's cheaper for a 12 month contract.) It's quite small and can get pretty busy between 6pm and 7pm, but I've found the staff quite pleasant and helpful and the gym fits its purpose for me!
Wednesday 18 July 2012 3.58pm
Have you looked at the circle spa on Queen Elizabeth Street? I have been a member there for 4-5 years and go every day.
Wednesday 18 July 2012 8.03pm
Soho Gyms at empire square ... Can't fault it - been a member since Day 1
Wednesday 18 July 2012 8.24pm
Fitness First Cottons for me, has a pool and 65/month so can't go wrong...
Thursday 19 July 2012 8.29am
I also go to fitness4less for 14.99 and it's fine. Very good value for money and classes are included in the price too.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: