Lant Estate Residents Alliance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 19 July 2012 7.04am
Does anyone know who these people are? Sounds interesting.
Thursday 19 July 2012 9.46am
JayBee wrote:
Does anyone know who these people are? Sounds interesting.

Don't know where you got that title from, but guess this is what you're referring to?
Thursday 19 July 2012 4.20pm
It is an interesting website but are these not JMB leathermarket managed blocks?
So the TRA should be formed inside the management association..
Thursday 19 July 2012 5.06pm
orione wrote:
It is an interesting website but are these not JMB leathermarket managed blocks?
So the TRA should be formed inside the management association..

No idea. I'm not connected with them in any way - just did a quick search out of curiosity, and came up with that site.
Friday 20 July 2012 11.21am
Thanks both
It's definitely not the Lant & Bittern TRA (which also includes Trundle House and Redman House and which is in crisis at the moment) but it seems to be a splinter group. There are no contact details that I can find, nor an indication of membership....curiouser and curiouser.
Friday 20 July 2012 11.40am
Perhaps try the area councilors - they may be aware of such 'splinter' groups, if indeed it is one. Or track back from wherever you first heard about it. If it encompasses a particular building, someone there may know?

Sounds a bit like this of ancient memory!
Friday 20 July 2012 12.21pm
Lol @ the link!
I think you may be spot on....
Sunday 22 July 2012 7.51am
it turns out that it"s the last gasp of the ex-chairman of the Lant & Bittern TRA who has taken to sending out threatening letters to members and pretending that they are from someone else - the Lant Estate Residents Alliance. Lol - Citizen Beckles!!!! I'll update as soon as I have more. Unfortunately, due to his behaviour over the last 3 years, the TRA is facing de-recognition by the council.
Monday 23 July 2012 4.58pm
A member of the Lant & Bittern TRA has just received a menacing phone call from an unknown number and the caller said he was from (quote) " The Lant Estate Residents Alliance which is an ad hoc committee and part of the Lant & Bittern TRA"

He was trying to find out whether the member had received their letters and if the member would be going to tomorrow's meeting where "the Police will be present"

I'm told that he refused to give a contact address or telephone number.

I understand that tomorrow's meeting is a Committee meeting of the Lant & Bittern TRA to be held at the Mint Street Adventure Playground hall.

According to our constitution, Committee meetings are public meetings which anyone can attend, therefore I think I'm right in thinking that there are no legal grounds to prevent any member's attendance or to cause their removal from the meeting.

Democracy in action!!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: