Old public toilets - Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 19 July 2012 5.37pm
Looks like work has begun on the old public toilets on Tooley Street behind the Nat West Bank.

They have demolished it. Years ago there were rumours of a cafe taking over the space. Anyone know what will be built there?
Thursday 19 July 2012 5.48pm
It's super to see this finally going ahead. And another great piece of news is that the "TO i LET" at the junction of Grange Road and Tower Bridge Road has also been let by the Council recently and a scheme will come forward soon for a bar to be created there.

Many of us who have been working towards the regeneration of the lower part of Tower Bridge Road hace seen opening up that for re-use as key to attracting people further down than Bermondsey Square

Tim

Cllr Tim McNally
Councillor for Chaucer Ward
Liberal Democrat Chief Whip
Shadow Cabinet Member for Finance, Resources & Housing Investment
Vice-Chair, Standards Committee
London Borough of Southwark
07903 967 809 mobile
020 7525 7157 office
Thursday 19 July 2012 5.57pm
Nice. Will pop in for a splash-and-dash when it's finished ;-)
Thursday 19 July 2012 7.14pm
They're building a restaurant (received a letter about it). Should be ready in early October this year. Great to see these buildings being put to use.
Monday 23 July 2012 11.10am
Tim,

wonder if the lovely handrail is still there ..brass or copper I think it was, and the lovely old wood , glass etc.in the ladies?
Wednesday 25 July 2012 8.21am
Dear all,

Further to your above comments and queries.

Below I have attached a link which takes you to the brochure for the new restaurant unit that is being constructed so you are all aware of what is being developed.

If anyone has any questions and would like anymore information regarding the site please give us a call (0207 089 6555).

http://www.acorncommercial.co.uk/files/c270a87fb681b0e8b2479729873d1f1a.pdf

Kind Regards

Acorn Commercial
ADT
Wednesday 25 July 2012 8.41am
A little pavilion type cafe will be a good addition there. Presumably the whole area will see some increased interest/investment with more happening on the Berkeley site.
Wednesday 7 November 2012 9.25pm
All is revealed:
http://digestmag.com/2012/issue-3/open-a-restaurant/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Zoe
Thursday 8 November 2012 7.53am
Thanks James.

Good luck to him, it's a bit of a challenging site because of the size and traffic but I'm sure it could be really nice.
Thursday 8 November 2012 10.10am
Which toilets is going to be a restaurant? Tooley Street or Grange Road? Couldn't make it out from the article...
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: