House of Switzerland

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 20 July 2012 1.25pm
House of Switzerland is opening it's doors tonight - also to the public. There will be concerts, theatre for children (house of Fairy Tales) and more for FREE.

It is located just next to Southwark Cathedral and Glaziers Hall.

www.houseofswitzerland.org

-> I do have a connection, am Swiss and it would be great to have many locals there also :)
Friday 20 July 2012 1.40pm
Sidi wrote:
House of Switzerland is opening it's doors tonight - also to the public. There will be concerts, theatre for children (house of Fairy Tales) and more for FREE.
It is located just next to Southwark Cathedral and Glaziers Hall.

www.houseofswitzerland.org

-> I do have a connection, am Swiss and it would be great to have many locals there also :)

I love me some Rösti - one of the food stalls is called Rösticceria, which made me laugh this morning!
Friday 20 July 2012 2.24pm
Mmmmmmmmm. Rosti. And a glass of chasselas. See you there.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 22 July 2012 11.11am
Went on Friday.Rosti was pretty average to be honest and very small for a fiver
Monday 23 July 2012 9.00am
Will the Swiss Ambassador be available to discuss how his nation can pro-actively assist in helping the UK and the rest of the world to resolve the current global financial crisis over an over-priced Rosti too?
Monday 23 July 2012 9.54am
Shame about the rosti.

I stopped by there on Sat afternoon and spent 15 minutes watching the very odd (in a good way) musical entertainment.

Monday 23 July 2012 11.07am
nigel wrote:
Went on Friday.Rosti was pretty average to be honest and very small for a fiver
I am not really that surprised... Went to that Rioja festival last week and same thing, very small portions for a fiver. I made Rösti myself a while ago, didn't come out too badly, but I think I might get some more practice in soon...
Monday 23 July 2012 12.52pm
For rosti, (I think it was) the Guardian (which) did a good article a few months ago where they tested loads of rosti recipes and came up with the combination that they thought worked best.

Lots of choices with rosti (cook the pot's first? waxy or floury pot's? etc etc). Great rosti is great. Poor rosti is, of course, poor.

Monday 23 July 2012 1.17pm
Way out of SE1, but if you like Rösti and you happen to be in Basel, go the Hasenburg]Hasenburg. The food is great and the place has character.
Monday 23 July 2012 9.14pm
That has to be a better bet than the Bistro im Bahnhof at Basel SBB - the last place that I ate Rösti!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: