Wisdom Tooth Op at Guys London Bridge on Olympics

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 28 July 2012 11.42pm
I live off Jamaica Road Bermondsey near by the underground station. I have to have an operation Monday when the Olympics all starts up at Guys hospital at London Bridge. My operation was already cancelled once as I got a chest infection the day before it, which was a few weeks ago, I have been waiting months for this operation. I will be put under sedation as well. We are getting a cab back from the hospital. Normally from London Bridge to me its a very short ride by car. Because of the olympics will they be closing off roads etc or olympic lanes around London bridge area. The typical way I believe would be jamaica road, tooley street etc, I dont know the names of all the back streets at the back of the hospital, thing one is called Long lane but not sure that crosses over Tower Bridge Road into Abbey Street,

So any info guys?

My operation is at 8am.
Sunday 29 July 2012 1.29am
I wouldn't be too worried. The hospital and station were extremely quiet today. I've never been seen so swiftly at the hospital. A black cab will get you there as best as possible, leave it to them. It will still be monday morning rush hour into the city, but that's usual.
Sunday 29 July 2012 8.08am
I Agee with amarradia, there is no need to worry - black cab is best. You will miss the traffic as you have an early op.
All the best for tomorrow.
Sunday 29 July 2012 11.06am
Even if you did end up walking, you'll be fine as long as you have someone with you. I'm not sure what they use but you can walk fine. I was just surprised to find the person I accompanied after wisdom tooth extraction suddenly went to walk in front of traffic. Grabbed him just in time. Have to say whatever it was they gave him made him very happy!
Sunday 29 July 2012 11.31am
You don't say whether you're having the wisdom tooth put in or taken out!
Sunday 29 July 2012 2.39pm
phoney wrote:
You don't say whether you're having the wisdom tooth put in or taken out!
wisdom tooth put in? Its being taken out its impacted under the gum, being done at Guys hospital. Coming back via Cab but going either by tube or walking. From Bermondsey to London Bridge.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: