Urgent Fridge Repair Needed!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 29 July 2012 11.36am
Can anyone help me with a good fridge repair person? Have two months worth of very essential and very temperature sensitive medicine sitting in a fridge that seems to fill with frost/get to room temperature no matter how many times I defrost it! Less than two years old too, gggrrrr....
Many thanks!
Sunday 29 July 2012 1.09pm
I think you should take it up under the sale of goods act if it's less than two years old. However members of Which? local recommend: http://www.citydomestic.co.uk/. There's a few more on there that are local to us, if you'd like me to post them.

No connection, just a member of which!
Sunday 29 July 2012 9.26pm
I would love a few more local if possible? Am getting desperate! Fridge two years and two months old - I think they have a very advanced built-in obsolescence! Thanks .
Monday 30 July 2012 9.43am
Unless you can get them to fix it under some form of guarantee/warranty, if you have an immediate need it would probably be cheaper (and much quicker) to go and buy a new one from Comet or somewhere like that.
Monday 30 July 2012 9.56am
I thought as much. It drives me mad that all my machines conk out so quickly, but I live in hope of someone local who can fix it for 50!
Monday 30 July 2012 10.11am
Alex Gabriel AKA Mr Speedy Repairs - he fixed my fridge freezer a little while ago for 50 - and he had to hang around and wait for it to defrost.

Monday 30 July 2012 11.21am
Thanks Beth will call him straight away x
Monday 30 July 2012 6.37pm
Did you manage to get someone or should I have a look for any more?

It's not about the warranty, you can take it up with the company you bought it from for up to 6 years (depending on the item and what is 'reasonable', eg you wouldn't expect a cheap kettle to last as long as a fridge freezer). It's worth you contacting them and taking this up.
Tuesday 25 December 2012 1.12pm
We have been having problems with our american style fridge freezer for a while now and different companies round to look at it notable one well known company they do a bit of plumbing if only i had thought about it before you wouldnt call a carpenter if your toilet was blocked get my drift and has for no call out charge there no such thing better to get a quote before they arrive for they will get your money somehow in the end. Anyway manage to get hold of a guy glen from agsrefrigeration the bloke knew everything about the appliance before he even got there bar code etc they arrived the next day and found and rectified fault and price quoated. If you are after straight to the point engineer these are the guys.
Tuesday 25 December 2012 5.24pm
Thats handy to know Jeffrey, a friend of mine has had two of these monster style refrigerators, double door thingys and they both broke down..
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: