SE1 images after an absence

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 30 July 2012 4.37pm
After a few months away I came back to SE1 last week to find the Shard completed, flags up in Hay's Galleria and Shad Thames and the City Hall black balls had been polished:

Monday 30 July 2012 5.32pm
Putting my anorak to one side, I was given a book about the "black balls" & other artwork on the More London estate!

The black balls are representations of the full stop in various fonts - but not the usual ones you will find in computer packages!

Sorry, I'll get m'coat!
Monday 30 July 2012 5.52pm
I saw one in The Hague 10 years ago:

Monday 30 July 2012 7.53pm
Lovely pictures, Markadams99!
Tuesday 31 July 2012 4.06pm
Mark should have also said great pictures as usual!
Tuesday 31 July 2012 4.33pm
Thanks. I've long thought that Shad Thames and environs are the most photogenic urban site I know. Unfortunately for me the images from past posts here often no longer show up as many were stored on iDisk which Apple has recently abolished. Now I mostly use Dropbox.

I've sometimes thought of offering a guided trip round here for photographers as I know quite a few less-clichéd possibilities. Eg this shot may be possible from Tower Bridge in the next few days:

Tuesday 31 July 2012 8.53pm
Oh man - top pics!
Tuesday 7 August 2012 1.29am
From Tower Bridge a few hours ago:
Tuesday 7 August 2012 8.02am
Yeah...terrific pics. London IS photogenic.And arent we lucky to live in SE1?
Tuesday 7 August 2012 10.26am
Wonderful photographs, Mark - thank you. Yes, Jackie, fortunate indeed - but let's step out of the 'Bubble' now and again....though I find it hard! :p

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: