Breakfast near London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 31 July 2012 8.04am
Hi all,

I'm looking for a reasonably priced place to go for breakfast this Sat near the London Bridge/Bermondsey Street area. Don't really want to pay more than a tenner a head, but open to suggestions!

Any thoughts??
Tuesday 31 July 2012 11.03am
The Garrison on Bermondsey Street does a goodbreakfast but watch out for the service charge. They did take it off with no fuss for us though. Came to just under 30 for three of us and it was a lovely breakfast.
Tuesday 31 July 2012 11.09am
Spotted last night that the Horniman at Hays Galleria are doing a 5 full English breakfast including a cup of tea or coffee.
Tuesday 31 July 2012 11.16am
The Bermondsey Square Hotel and Del'Aziz, in Bermondsey Square both do a good selection of Breakfast dishes.

Let us know where you finally choose :-)
Tuesday 31 July 2012 3.49pm
El Vergel, amazing latin american food, great breakfasts, worth the extra walk to Great Suffolk Street.
Tuesday 31 July 2012 4.54pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
The Garrison on Bermondsey Street does a goodbreakfast but watch out for the service charge. They did take it off with no fuss for us though. Came to just under 30 for three of us and it was a lovely breakfast.

Watch out for the service charge, I mean you get served at your table, if you were going to The Garrison for dinner you would pay it so why not for breakfast
Tuesday 31 July 2012 10.08pm
Because at 30 it is rather expensive and, for that tidy sum, I don't think it is too much for the proprietor/business owner to pay their staff a proper wage, without laying that at the conscience of the customer. Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner; my view is the same.

If only life were so simple; I would like to 'grab' an extra 12.5% on top of my wage for doing it.

Anyway, so as to not to take the thread off topic, I reiterate my opinion that the Garrison does a very good breakfast with friendly service in pleasant surroundings. Watch out for the service charge though.
Wednesday 1 August 2012 6.42am
Brindisa for great chorizo and eggs
Wednesday 1 August 2012 11.15am
Don't forget Al's cafe on Bermondsey Street. I don't think they add a service charge

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/424/als-cafe
Wednesday 1 August 2012 11.35am
The chorizo and eggs at Brindisa is probably over the budget mentioned. I'd second the recommendation of El Vergel, though it's not really close enough to the location specified.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network