Runners in Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Wednesday 1 August 2012 3.49pm
It is bad enough having to avoid all of the vehicles and cyclists in Bermondsey Street, but last night at around 19:20 there were several dozen people running in the road, and lots on the pavement as well - not really caring about pedestrians at all. I encountered three different tranches, but there may have been more....

Did they all simultaneously get the "Olympic Bug"?
Wednesday 1 August 2012 4.07pm
How dare they?! People on foot going out and getting exercise on a nice summers evening!

It may have escaped your notice, but they are also pedestrians.
Wednesday 1 August 2012 4.10pm
Not when they run and pay no attention to other pavement users....it happens all the time where I work...runners do what they want/need to to do at lunchtime when the pavements are busy and everyone ends up having to jump out of their way...nothing against what they do...just don't be selfish with the available space
Wednesday 1 August 2012 6.02pm
what about fat people? they clog up bermondsey street: with their big FAT arses. or dog walkers. annoying leads and tiny yappers. How about people with prams? BREEDING?!!! HOW VERY DARE THEY! SELFISH SELFISH swines. People eh? its enough to make you not live in zone 1 in one of the most populated places on earth. And dont get me started on CYCLISTS.
Wednesday 1 August 2012 6.50pm
Julia7239 wrote:
what about fat people? they clog up bermondsey street: with their big FAT arses. or dog walkers. annoying leads and tiny yappers. How about people with prams? BREEDING?!!! HOW VERY DARE THEY! SELFISH SELFISH swines. People eh? its enough to make you not live in zone 1 in one of the most populated places on earth. And dont get me started on CYCLISTS.
I know you're being sarcastic , but ironically that's probably exactly what a lot of those runners think. I run as well. Early Sunday mornings, to avoid the crowds. They don't get in my way, I don't get in theirs. We can only dream of M. Cassini's Equality Streets, here the me, me, me,-brigade which I completely disassociate myself from, rules.
Wednesday 1 August 2012 8.26pm
im a runner, walker, cyclist, dog walker and not yet pram pusher. when i am doing one i hate on others doing the other. but i get over it 5 seconds later. it's london in it?
Wednesday 1 August 2012 11.45pm
Julia7239 wrote:
im a runner, walker, cyclist, dog walker and not yet pram pusher. when i am doing one i hate on others doing the other. but i get over it 5 seconds later. it's london in it?
No, it isn't. Hatred? Jeez. It's not something I indulge in gratuitously, not even for 5 seconds. Try being considerate. It's much harder, therefore more rewarding and less stressful. The real art of surviving in a global city.
Thursday 2 August 2012 7.10am
Julia7239 wrote:

Wow.....I guess the idea of doing things when they affect other people with the least amount of inconvenience is a concept we can't agree on then...if I get your drift
Thursday 2 August 2012 8.42am
What about those annoying people pulling massive suitcases, stopping people getting by - especially on the Tube?
Thursday 2 August 2012 9.22am
Julia7239 wrote:

Do you have to be so rude about FAT people. Some people have medical issues which why they are FAT. Seriously so rude
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: