Mystery Singing Lady

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 3 August 2012 8.38pm
I live in Bermondsey and every night I hear this lady singing a few scales in soprano range, at first people may think it me as I practise singing scales to, but much lower range, but since having tooth out I cant at the moment. But this lady every night for a few minutes practises. any idea who this lady is? is she practising for a reason? You cant see her even, but just hear her.
Friday 3 August 2012 9.18pm
That sounds so wonderfully mysterious that if I heard that lady sing I'd almost prefer not to ever find out who she is :-)
Friday 3 August 2012 9.33pm
Singing lady you say? Every night? No, no, no, of course I believe you. Come to think of it, I can hear her too. Now, let's get you back to the ward and we'll get you a nice cup of tea and a biscuit :-)
Friday 3 August 2012 9.51pm
Pieces of Eight wrote:
Singing lady you say? Every night? No, no, no, of course I believe you. Come to think of it, I can hear her too. Now, let's get you back to the ward and we'll get you a nice cup of tea and a biscuit :-)

Oh, for goodness sake get on that flight to Turkey soon.

There are several musicians I know of living in Bermondsey Street, including one concert pianist who practices/rehearses at home and provides wonderful, brief, but lovely soundscapes for those fortunate to be passing by. There now seems to be a soprano to add to that. Fab.
Saturday 4 August 2012 3.49pm
Pieces of Eight wrote:
honest its true.LOL. as for wards I just came out of one monday gone, well not a ward just surgery for wisdom tooth removal.
Saturday 4 August 2012 3.51pm
musicians mentioned, cool, cause I sing and play keyboards etc. so I am not alone in this area then. Makes a change from hearing police sirens anyway.
Monday 6 August 2012 5.10pm
sirens you say... these singing ladies could well be sirens who are too far from the sea, so are tempting motorists into the trees?
Monday 6 August 2012 6.58pm
Bloggie wrote:
sirens you say... these singing ladies could well be sirens who are too far from the sea, so are tempting motorists into the trees?
For some reason the pleasant surreality of this thread and the above post conjured up in my mind this scene from my favourite Fellini movie... Amarcord

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: