Taxi Rank-London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 6 August 2012 3.46pm
While I am on a roll turning into Mrs.Moaner, can any one tell me if the Taxi Rank at London Bridge is completed?

yesterday arriving at l.b. in the pouring rain I had to go and wait for a Taxi, as I am unable to stand more than a few minutes I had to sit down, the sloping leaning seats were soaking because it seemed at the top of the panes there seemed to be missing ones the entire length of the shelter, now is this because to reduce wind strength accross the open area?

When I got out of taxi the nice driver helped me, and I turned around to see him anxiously feeling the seat!
He obviously thought he had an incontinent old biddy in his cab...a fact that I quickly disillusioned him of...My jacket at the back had soaked through leaving a large bum imprint!
Monday 6 August 2012 3.56pm
I did read last week on a TfL website that the bus station was complete...I'm guessing that includes the taxi rank part of it
Monday 6 August 2012 5.52pm
Jan, if you go down Tooley Street there are tons. Some legally just to the west of the Bermondsey Street junction and some illegally to the east on the double reds making the parked cars two lines thick. They make me very apprehensive approaching the lights from that side in case someone is running the red onto Tooley from Bermondsey St. However, there are loads waiting for customers and you'll get one.
Tuesday 7 August 2012 12.33pm
Beetroot, I did use the Tooley Street rank which is near the London Fungens and as I recall there was no real kerb and had to hoisted or rather manhandled into by the taxi marshalls! When I was dropped off at London bridge the other day the driver pulled into a very small bay which he said was the drop off point just past the bus stops. same side as the Shard. The bay only could accommodate two vehicles.

If a major traffic link can only offer a 2 bay drop off point then heaven help us or rather heaven help me!
I am unable to walk at all sometimes, I have something my family call the mad goat disease, which leaves me switched on or switched off as the muscles take me and that can vary extremely quickly.

Tak very kindly abseiled 2 years ago down Guys hospital for the M.G.A ...not the mad goat association but rather myasthenia gravis association....I never miss the chance of plugging it for the wonderful work they do!

jantoo...the old mad goat! lol
Tuesday 7 August 2012 1.00pm
There are loads more further down, next to the Shipwrights Arms.

Fainting goats might be what they're thinking of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_3Utmj4RPU
Tuesday 7 August 2012 1.54pm
Beetroot, thank you for that , had me in stitches, now i know what they mean when they say i am acting like an old goat! :-) x

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: