Olympics, for or against it being held in London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 7 August 2012 6.32pm
Considering all the Olympics routes causing problems to roads and trains and travel.

Was/are you for or against the Olympics being held in London?
Has it caused you much chaos getting to or from places?
Tuesday 7 August 2012 7.43pm
Most defiantly for the Olympics

The Olympics has caused me quite a few delays, packed Underground carriages and trains but I would not change having the Olympics in London.

I think they have been great for London and long may they continue, just walk down to Potters Field and see what a good time people are having.

Who cares if some tourist stands dead still at the top of the escalators at London Bridge or some one on their way to the Olympics is a little too loud on the Jubilee Line.

What is great is seeing all the people wearing their red, white and blue and seeing the pride that they have.

GO TEAM GB
Tuesday 7 August 2012 7.56pm
Ladywriter1968 wrote:
Considering all the Olympics routes causing problems to roads and trains and travel.
Was/are you for or against the Olympics being held in London?
Has it caused you much chaos getting to or from places?

'all' the routes? 'causing problems' Really? How do you back up this sweeping statement?

You have been concerned about it possibly causing you personal inconvenience, but it's not as if we haven't had enough warning.

As for being 'for or against', that's a rather pointless debate now isn't it?

No, it hasn't caused (me) any 'chaos' at all, and (as far as I am aware) there has been no or little actual 'chaos' anywhere, to date. Inconvenience maybe, but chaos, no.
Tuesday 7 August 2012 8.20pm
Chaos ? Problems ? Seems to me it's all gone rather smoothly and the TeamGB medal haul has made it all worthwhile
Tuesday 7 August 2012 8.30pm
I get the impression London is much quieter in general, but then I never use public transport and cycle everywhere, so I've been loving the empty streets. And just watching people wandering around draped in all manner of flags and trying to guess who they are has been fun if you're a people watcher like me.

I've also liked how all the roadworks, scaffolding and workmen cabins that usually litter our streets have all but magically disappeared. What I want to know is, if we can manage London's street infrastructure at such a supposedly chaotic time in such an orderly fashion, will it continue once the celebrations are over?

Mitt who?
Tuesday 7 August 2012 9.08pm
Loving it and was there sunday night. :-)
I think we should have it every 4 years.
Sport for all,
Potters field great fun,
Love Borough Market open every day.
Tubes running later, fabulous.
Union jacks everywhere.
2012 a great year for London and UK dispite the weather.
Tuesday 7 August 2012 9.31pm
The Olympics are the best thing that happened to London, in a long time. A smashing success.
Tuesday 7 August 2012 9.39pm
It hasn't caused me any inconvenience at all, it's been a fantastic showcase for London and Team GB are smashing it.

All in all a massive success.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Tuesday 7 August 2012 9.48pm
Another vote "for".
Tuesday 7 August 2012 10.01pm
Went to Wembley the 29th, the ExCel the 30th, Earl's Court the 31st and Olympic Park last Saturday. Ab-so-lute-ly loved it, the whole atmosphere, the events, the medals, everything, lock, stock and smoking barrels.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: