Post Olympics roadworks?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 12 August 2012 6.54pm
who will spot the first roadworks now the amnesty is over in southwark?
Sunday 12 August 2012 8.16pm
Oh, give over. There may well be a return to 'normal service' soon, however, over the past couple of weeks there have been reasons to be cheerful outside of the performances of all those amazing athletes. Whatever one thinks of the event, how else could something the scale of the 'Lympics happen without putting some of the 'normal' scenarios on hold for a short while?

I (selfishly/) loved being able to quietly wander around an almost empty V&A on a special late mid-week evening a few days ago, though with mixed feelings because I suspect BOJo's dire warnings had frightened potential visitors away from London, and museums and galleries had expected more to take advantage of extended opening hours.

Unusual, extraordinary times for a short while. I have been sceptical about many aspects of the event, and remain to be convinced about the much vaunted 'legacy' for East London, but I'm glad to have had the experience. To quote a recent Matt cartoon: 'London is full of happy, smiling people; I feel like a stranger in my own city'. I enjoyed that feeling, if only for a short while. Bonkers!
Monday 13 August 2012 9.08am
spartacus wrote:
Oh, give over. To quote a recent Matt cartoon: 'London is full of happy, smiling people; I feel like a stranger in my own city'. I enjoyed that feeling, if only for a short while. Bonkers!

Well, noone told the commuters at london bridge this morning - miserable and pushy as usual ...

ps i'm spartacus!
Tuesday 14 August 2012 11.53am
kellandj wrote:
the amnesty is over in southwark?

Briefly. The Paralympic Network is place 29 August - 9 September. Although lesser, restrictions still apply.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: