Annoying car horn in residential place

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 17 August 2012 4.27pm
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else dealt with this kind of situation. Basically, some moron is often coming to pick somebody up at my block and tells about his presence by using his car horn a couple of times (2-4). This happens often and it drives me nuts, especially the fact that this douchebag doesn't care about anyone else and this goes against article 112 of the Highway Code which states that 'Use (the horn) only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. You MUST NOT use your horn

while stationary on the road
when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00am'

except when another road user poses a danger'.
Is it realistic to get him fined? What if I take him on cam with his plates visible while he does this, then call the police and show this to them? What would you do?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts
Friday 17 August 2012 5.49pm
Is it a mini cab? perhaps you could casually suggest to the person who is being collected you need a reliable mini cab and wait for him to tell you who he uses...second thoughts don't mini cabs have the green circle either on front or rear of the window denoting that the car is cab? bloody nuisance either way, when I lived in a tower block the situation was terrible, cab would arrive....toot....honk...the when passenger had to wait for the lifts...honk some more..

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: