McDonald's at Guy's Hospital

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 18 August 2012 9.26pm
I'm not keen on having a McDonalds anywhere, but least of all, hosted within the Estate of an NHS Trust Hospital such as Guys.

Are Doctors not telling us that obesity will be the next health timebomb, costing the NHS billions? So can someone explain to me why they are hosting McDonalds within their Estate?

The attractive and no doubt rather expensive new stone paving recently laid outside McDonalds by Guys has now been utterly ruined by the grease trail between the McDonalds entrance and their refuse enclosure.

This is not putting-off the McDonalds punters of course, but it is a pretty disgraceful welcome to Guys for patients, visitors, commuters and local people.
Sunday 19 August 2012 5.04pm
"The attractive and no doubt rather expensive new stone paving recently laid outside McDonalds by Guys has now been utterly ruined by the grease trail between the McDonalds entrance and their refuse enclosure." I agree. Why can't McDonalds be made to clean up after themselves.
Sunday 19 August 2012 5.13pm
I agree - and have sent the comments above to McDonalds UK head office - they are usually quite good in sorting out these sorts of complaints......we will see
Sunday 19 August 2012 10.21pm
I kind of agree - its a disgrace but I cant help feeling that a lot of the anti McD sentiments (myself included) are class based, not actually against the product. I remember Prince Charles pontificating about big macs and yet the fat and sugar in his duchy of cornwall range was far worse....

Do we hate McDonald's or the people who eat there?
Monday 20 August 2012 9.26am
Given their behaviour in the McLibel case, I'm fairly clear that I dislike McDonalds.

And I hate the minority of their customers who discard wrappers and/or uneaten food on our streets.
Monday 20 August 2012 10.07am
I think a lot of this is class snobbery and plain old ignorance. When you compare what McDonald's is like: reasonably ethically sourced food and decent training and working conditions for staff, compared to many of these tatty fried chicken places: god knows where it came from chicken and 1/hour wages with a matress in the back to sleep on for the staff, I know which lot I would rather have a go at.

You can't blame McDonald's for people being fat: it's up to you what you put into your mouth, and everything is ok in moderation. It's not the type of food that makes you fat; it's eating too much of it.
Monday 20 August 2012 10.36am
Meat & dairy - who needs it?
Monday 20 August 2012 10.42am
I have nothing in particular against McDonalds, but I agree that the mess that has already been made of the brand new paving there is not on.
Monday 20 August 2012 11.45am
isn't Mac D's there as it coughed up a lot of money for Ronald MacDonald House-it is sad that in order to have these sort of facilities we do have to rely on organisations like this and the side advertising and problems that go with it.
Monday 20 August 2012 1.02pm
lucysalisbury wrote:
When you compare what McDonald's is like: reasonably ethically sourced food

Wow. You're stupid. Clearly animal abuse and prolonged suffering gets your rocks off. Idiot.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network