A black cat with white paws, red collar is hanging out around Balin House SE1 calling for its owner

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 20 August 2012 10.21am
A black cat with white paws, red collar is hanging out around Balin House SE1 calling for its owner
Monday 20 August 2012 3.01pm
Sorry to hear about the cat and I hope it finds its way home.

I had a completely unrelated question that is about Balin house. Would you have any idea who the small girl is that screams and yells every day and every night in Balin house? It seems that this has gone on for weeks and is only escalating.

The child looks to be about 9 years old and is often wondering the gardens anytime from 8am until way past midnight screaming for her mother (I think she is shouting Sheila?). Its quite distressing to see a small child in this state everyday in the centre of SE1.
Tuesday 21 August 2012 12.52pm
yearoftheshnitzel wrote:
I had a completely unrelated question that is about Balin house. Would you have any idea who the small girl is that screams and yells every day and every night in Balin house? It seems that this has gone on for weeks and is only escalating.

The child looks to be about 9 years old and is often wondering the gardens anytime from 8am until way past midnight screaming for her mother (I think she is shouting Sheila?). Its quite distressing to see a small child in this state everyday in the centre of SE1.

What have the police done about this?
Wednesday 22 August 2012 11.44am
beetroot wrote:
yearoftheshnitzel wrote:
I had a completely unrelated question that is about Balin house. Would you have any idea who the small girl is that screams and yells every day and every night in Balin house? It seems that this has gone on for weeks and is only escalating.

The child looks to be about 9 years old and is often wondering the gardens anytime from 8am until way past midnight screaming for her mother (I think she is shouting Sheila?). Its quite distressing to see a small child in this state everyday in the centre of SE1.

What have the police done about this?

wow this is very distressing to read let alone to see next time the little girl is seen call 999 an get her some help
Wednesday 22 August 2012 11.53am
I reported it to the police as soon as I saw the post. I pointed them to this thread. They said it was already being investigated.
Wednesday 22 August 2012 2.12pm
lets hope they find her an get her some help as that don't sound right at all ..good thinking batman oop's beetroot ;0)
Wednesday 22 August 2012 3.34pm
Thanks for that. We have contacted the police about it before but it has always continued with no resolution.

I think something else has happened in Balin house yesterday as there has been a police car parked in the gardens of the building for the past day and night and a large area cordoned off.
Wednesday 22 August 2012 7.45pm
desesseintes wrote:
A black cat with white paws, red collar is hanging out around Balin House SE1 calling for its owner

I saw this cat last night, wandering around the courtyard in Metro Central Heights. It looked healthy.

Awful to read about the little girl at Balin House...I hope the police get to the bottom of whatever's going on.
Thursday 23 August 2012 1.54pm
I've just got an email from the police saying action has been taken. Understandably they can't say any more. It would be good if you let us know if the situation improves yearoftheschnitzel. Maybe we should ask James if he would split this thread? Not sure.
Friday 24 August 2012 5.25pm
yearoftheshnitzel wrote:
Thanks for that. We have contacted the police about it before but it has always continued with no resolution.
I think something else has happened in Balin house yesterday as there has been a police car parked in the gardens of the building for the past day and night and a large area cordoned off.

omg just read this in southwark news ......A 25-year-old man has been arrested for child neglect after a baby and a toddler fell from a second floor balcony.

Two boys - a reported twelve-month-old baby and a three-year-old were rushed to hospital after falling from the second floor flat in Balin House, Borough, at around 3.45pm on Tuesday.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: