Quinn's Buildings, Waterloo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 22 August 2012 7.18pm
Hi
Does anyone have any memories of Quinn bldgs. especially any photos. The main one is the front of QB including the wrought iron gates also the name on the front wall just behind the phone box waterloo 4749.

I have a lot of pictures aflm made in QB and also register of electors if anyone is interested.

Kind regards
Alan
Monday 3 September 2012 11.22am
Hi Alan
My inlaws lived in quinn buildings there surname was Western i believed they lived in the buildings around 1956 i would appreciated any photos or info you have on this
regards
Lynn
Sunday 3 November 2013 8.12pm
I also lived in quinns builings from 1952 to 1965
I remember some of the names mentioned on here.
Mrs Armstrong and Rachel,
Lillie murphy and geraldine and christine
ann hart, Maureen Corrigan, the carrolls, bridget.
mcdonaghs, anne Michael Patrick and mary.
anne McGowan.
the mc colls janet and Helen.
the rossers Brenda, bobby , betty.
the griffins top floor block 2. mary, cathy, nora, etc
Friday 27 December 2013 5.07pm
my family lived in Quinn buildings waterloo road London se1 from about 1953 to 1960.being born in 1955 it was my first home and would like to see any photos or docs etc anyone may have.i believe the buildings were demolished about 1973-4 and the site is presently occupied by an ambulance centre.
Sunday 11 May 2014 2.45pm
At last. someone wh has heard of Quinns Buildings. My Father and his parents were living there in 1901. Does anyone have any pictures?
Wednesday 8 April 2015 4.46pm
Hi
My grandmother and great grandparents lived there in 1911 ,the family being Covent Garden Market Porters. The buildings do feature in a 60's film I'm told, will now research and get back with any information.
Thursday 9 April 2015 6.54am
The film is O Lucky Man.
Monday 6 June 2016 1.42pm
hi Pat.
Just found this site, glad I did,all my family lived in Quinns at one time or another, my gran (Edwards) at no 8, my aunt (Rosser)no 9, my other Aunt (Parr) no 12 .and many more of the clan lived in buildings. I have many fond memories of the place as me and my sister lived there with my gran for a while,about late 1947_1950. My gran was well known,could be seen sitting looking out the window.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: