Cave on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 24 August 2012 6.38am
Was anyone else on Bermondsey Street kept awake by Cave's "social" event last night which meant that people were still congregating, singing and smoking, on pavement outside the shop later than midnight?

I have reported them to Southwark Council Noise Team and will be making a formal complaint to the owners.

Surely there must be some sort of law preventing this -I'm aware of the Noise Act 1996 and the Anti-Scoial Behaviour Act 2003... any ideas?
Friday 24 August 2012 9.34am
There'll likely be a covenant in their lease requiring them to be quiet from 11pm to 8am so you could try and get in touch with the landlord.

If this is a one-off though, perhaps just a quiet word with the owner would be more appropriate?

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Saturday 20 July 2013 6.35pm
I would advise not to purchase wine/flowers from Cave as I had an unpleasant experience with them. I purchased a plant similar to a cactus which should have a long life.

However, when I bought the flower the plant kept dying the next few days after purchasing. I went to Cave and spoke with the owner who said the plant should not be dying so quickly and to bring the plant back so they can exchange.

I went back on the day mentioned when new plants would arrive to exchange. However, the lady in the store started arguing with me and was extremely rude saying they cannot replace or refund. This was in contradiction to the conversation a few days earlier, and she was very rude.

The lady recommended to replace with two plants which looked very ill so I refused. I offered to pay the difference for another plant, but this was refused. Finally I exchanged for a healthy plant and went home leaving my phone number for the owner to call if any problems.

When I arrived home, I received a phone call from another owner, not the person I spoke to a few days earlier. They wanted me to go back to the store and they would give me 5 pounds and that I am not allowed to go back to their shop ever again.

I did not go back for 5 pounds as I really cannot understand what was the point. The owner just hung up on me after saying I cannot ever go back to the store. Completely ridiculous, as there are so many substitute flower shops around Bermondsey Street.
Sunday 21 July 2013 2.52am
Babodonk,

Apart from that fact that you probably don't want to use a shop that treats you in such a manner the fact is that there is nothing to stop you going back into the shop.
What can they actually do to you? If you are behaving peacefully & the only people who can remove persons from a premises are the licensees of a 'licensed to sell alcohol" premises who may use reasonable force if deemed necessary in doing so.
They may also instruct a uniformed police officer to do so which is a power unique to them as we, the general public or a basic shop keeper has no such powers & can only request.
Do you think that they took this training video to seriously? Youtube clip
Sunday 21 July 2013 1.09pm
I am surprised to read this. My experience with them is the contrary. Great wine, very friendly people, good service. The socials they do, every now and then, are such good fun.

I can imagine that it is different when you live right above it, but then this is Bermondsey Street and at times it'll be noisy. This is central London...
Monday 22 July 2013 10.10am
How very odd...
I went into Cave Saturday evening and was told by the exceptionally nice and helpful girl (who is always wonderful whenever we are in the shop) that she had just been accosted by an irrational, angry woman who wouldn't listen to her simple advice about something.
The girl at the shop was really shaken up and visibly upset. Not sure if this was the same incident but I have had nothing but good experiences with her service and the shop in general. The other people who work there are also, in my experience, very friendly and helpful.
Monday 22 July 2013 4.46pm
I've also always had great experiences with the wine, flowers, plants and people at Cave. It's one of my favourite shops and I often recommend it to others.

And just a note that the noise conversation is from about a year ago.
Tuesday 23 July 2013 1.57pm
That's one long conversation CA

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: