Noise from Leathermarket Court

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 27 August 2012 5.02am
Anyone have advice, please?
Consistently noisy flat... music, shouting till all hours (it's 5am) and party still going. Council doesn't attend after 2.30am + this is just getting miserable having disturbed sleep :-(
It's a regular occurrence... always same flat.
Monday 27 August 2012 3.27pm
maybe you should speak to the people who are making the noise and ask them to be quiet?
Monday 27 August 2012 6.29pm
Am a bit reticent as it's a flat of students + I live on my own... Given how inconsiderate they already are, I don't want them to target me.
Tuesday 28 August 2012 4.48pm
Speak to the council noise team. They have a 24 hour hotline and can advise on action:

"If you are being disturbed by noise, call the 24 hour hotline on 020 7525 5777 to report the problem."
Tuesday 28 August 2012 11.28pm
There's some quite useful info on the council website about what noise they can and can't deal with (shouting and parties they can), and what to do: http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/412/noise_problems/1245/reporting_noise_problems

Good luck!
Wednesday 29 August 2012 1.53pm
the council will be reluctant to act if you cannot show that you have made an effort to speak to them yourself. students or not (a bit early for students to have set upbase in SE1?)a reasonable request assertively made is more likely to have a positive effect in the long term
Wednesday 29 August 2012 2.15pm
Not true boroughpaul, there is no requirement for a person to make contact him or her-self before the council will respond. Reporting this to the noise team is the formal way to address this issue and there are many enforcement powers available to the council.

However, I think it is always best to go round and have a word face to face (take a friend if you feel worried about anything). This is often enough to calm things down without needing to involve any one else and a revenge attack from a bunch of students seems a little unlikely.
Friday 31 August 2012 11.30pm
Does anyone know the number of the apartment involved?
My partner has two top floor apartments that are let out at the moment so if it is either of those he could get onto the letting agent pronto.
Saturday 1 September 2012 9.29am
Likewise my partner is a local lettings agent and may know the landlord - by all means email me the flat number if it's known.
AD
Saturday 1 September 2012 9.44am
I have a noisy neighbour and I have kept a diary and recorded the noise using a video camera (on my phone). I have had to inform the leaseholder who has sent numerous letters (which were mostly ignored). After a year we are approaching the end game and the neighbour is being taken to court. They have been quiet lately (while pleading innocence as they aren't as noisy anymore). It is a drag, but it does make you feel slightly better that you know a process is in place and the more noise they make, the bigger the hole they're making for themselves. In my case they part own their flat.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: