Misuse of parking bays -Leathermarket St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
GC
Tuesday 28 August 2012 7.40am
Is anyone else annoyed about the misuse of parking bays at the end of Leathermarket St opposite Morocco St? There have been continually parked cars,ambulances, vans etc all waiting to be repaired by the local car mechanics and this has been going on for over a year. I have photographed these vehicles and forwarded the images with dates to the council who don't even bother to reply. I pay for my parking permit and resent that other businesses can use the spaces for free.Plus of course it reduces spaces for ligitimate parkers. If more people were to object perhaps the council would do something about this.
Tuesday 28 August 2012 8.37am
they are also a hazard as they virtually block the road and restrict visibility.
Tuesday 28 August 2012 9.13am
Totally agree. Why should I drive round for half and hour looking for a spot when I know these guys shouldn't be parked there!
GC
Tuesday 28 August 2012 9.24am
Does anyone know the name/contact for our local councillor to whom we can complain? I've tried to find out but failed.
Tuesday 28 August 2012 10.13am
Grange Ward Councillors:

Councillor Denise Capstick
denise.capstick@southwark.gov.uk
Liberal Democrat

Councillor Mark Gettleson
mark.gettleson@southwark.gov.uk
Liberal Democrat

Councillor Linda Manchester
linda.manchester@southwark.gov.uk
Liberal Democrat
Tuesday 28 August 2012 1.01pm
You're right GC, this has been going on for over a year now, and as a Parking Permit holder it is incredibly frustrating to see these 4 spaces constantly occupied by a local business which does not have to pay anything for them. I too have photographed these vehicles, including a couple which were left "on blocks" in these parking spaces over weekends. I wrote to Linda Manchester on 22nd March 2012 about this and received no reply. I then wrote to Mark Gettleson on 25th June 2012 and have received no reply. I am considering writing to Denise Capstick, but I feel a hat-trick coming on and don't think I can muster the strength. I think I'll go straight to Simon Hughes next along with copies of my emails to his councillors - he probably has more important things to do but what's the alternative if our councillors ignore us? His email is: simon@simonhughes.org.uk - what a shame our Ward isn't covered by Graham Neale who always seems to be visible, contactable and working hard on behalf of constituents.
GC
Tuesday 28 August 2012 3.29pm
Thanks for your input Miss T. I've emailed all 3 councillors too previously without any success, but have just emailed them all again today. Pity it's not election time otherwise I expect we might be hearing from them!I will contact Simon Hughes as well although it does seem rather petty to have to approach him on a very local & simple matter which should be dealt with by the council.
Monday 3 September 2012 8.27am
All those bays used to be for parking but were de-regulated by the council ages ago....I think the garage asked for it so they had somewhere to put their vehicles...but unless the council can PROVE there was no iducement to do this other than supporting a local business I will be very dubious about how this got passed by the traffic department. It is unfair that they hog all the bays continuously moving one of their vehicles in as soon as another moves out....everything about this is wrong.
Monday 3 September 2012 8.31am
mind you the business has been there longer than most residents...nice guys that run it too & not sure how they could run the garage without those spaces.
Monday 3 September 2012 8.45am
How will this little company run it's business if denied parking spaces?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: