Millwall Memorabilia

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 August 2012 12.32pm
Hi everyone,
First of all, thanks again for the replies I received to my July post enquiry re. the shops that existed in the Old Kent Road that were demolished to make way for the Tesco Superstore in the 80's. Incidentally, any more thoughts on this subject would be gratefully received. But onto the current subject: while my mum was sorting through some old belongings of my dad, who passed away in March, she came across an interesting single record tucked away among some old classical long players; namely,a 45rpm disc, released on the Decca record label in 1972, credited to 'Millwall FC' and featuring the song 'Millwall' on the A side, and 'The Ballad of Harry Cripps' on the B side. Can't tell you if the song's any good though, as although dear old Harry was the mainstay of the side I used to go and watch every home game with my dad in the late 60's/early 70's, and so of course I'd love to listen to it, the record itself is in such pristine condition that I'd be terrified of damaging it if I played it! Anyone any memories of this song?
Tuesday 28 August 2012 7.42pm
Have you listened to it on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOHjK14OKI
Tuesday 28 August 2012 9.20pm
Don't remember the song, Barry. But I remember Harry Cripps well enough. 'G.B.H,' as he was affectionately known amongst the Millwall faithful. When harry was a little beyond his sell-by date he was still a potent weapon. If the team were losing they would warm Harry up on the touch line even if there was no intention of putting on the field, just to put the bejeyzus up the opposition. No one fancied a tackle from Harry.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: