Think Apartments

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 30 August 2012 3.41pm
At 1 o'clock this morning we were once again disturbed by noise and anti-social disorder from a group of 20 youths who were partying in an apartment in Think Apartments, 37 Tanner Street Lon don SE1. The management of Think deny that this has been happening in the past year. Does anyone have any record of complaining about Think noise in the past couple of years?
Thursday 30 August 2012 4.06pm
From Southwark's web site:

If you are being disturbed by noise, call the 24 hour hotline on 020 7525 5777 to report the problem.

I'd suggest calling the hotline every time it happens and, if possible, recording the noise so you can play it back to evidence what has been happening.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Thursday 30 August 2012 9.44pm
Last night took this to a whole new level. I understand they evicted the youths from an apartment where they were having a party. The party then continued on the street, cars appeared to provide the music. Police came twice and it finally ended around 1.45am. Unbelievable the staff at the Think Apts can simply shove their problem out on to the streets for the local residents to put up with! Zero efforts from their security team to address the issue or get people to move on!

The exact same thing happened last Friday, but with a much bigger crowd, 90-100 people all milling around in the street post midnight, shouting, music, party food being eaten. Again all ejected by the Think Apartments. The street was full of rubbish, glass bottles and piles of chicken bones. No one from the company attempted to clean up the next morning, disgraceful!

Ive logged calls with SC noise abatement and the licensing team today. The company say they don't allow parties and are clearly acting (albeit completely inappropriately) on big crowds, but there have been many times when I have been kept awake by the noise from the rooms on tanner st being packed with boozing groups. Last night was the final straw, so it's zero tolerance from me from now on. Noise abatement number firmly sorted in my phone!

Think Apts get your security sorted out and stop jettisoning your problems on to local community!!!!!
Friday 31 August 2012 12.21pm
Think Apartments have stated that previous disturbances prior to the one two weeks ago are a "matter of conjecture". We need to log each and everyone of these events and involve the authorities including Southwark and The Police. Think Apartments care only for their shareholders it seems and appear to care little or nothing for the residents. If you book through the Think Apartments website your are not asked anything about parties.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: