Claylands Place/Oval

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 September 2012 9.01am
Hello everybody,

Need a bit of advice - I have been looking to rent a 1 bed in SE1 and have just come across a flat near Oval. I know it's not strictly SE1 but I hope some of you could comment on how safe/nice the area is (especially after dark). The flat is on Claylands Place near Oval station.

Thanks!
Asiya

P.S. - going to see the flat later today.
Monday 3 September 2012 8.22pm
Hi Asiyaislam. I used to live very close to there, just across Clapham Road. I never had any problems in the area, although it can look a bit dire at night time. I was there for 2 years.

There are some good amenities in the area: aside from the tube, there is an excellent farmer's market in the church gardens on a Saturday, a nifty Italian deli on Prima Rd, and some hidden gems around Bonnington Square. All in all, it's a very nice place to live.
Monday 3 September 2012 8.58pm
Horse - thank you for your reply. I went to see the flat today but it had been rented out by the time I got there. Anyway, I had a stroll around and the area looked nice - I saw the deli you mentioned! I would probably not have opted for the flat in Claylands Pl anyway because it looked a bit dire there but definitely looking for flats in Oval now!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: