Temporary parking restrictions

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 9 September 2012 10.49am
My partner and I left the flar around 10:40 yesterday morning and realised the on street residents parking bay we were parked in had been suspended (bermondsey street next to antico) from 7am for the full day due to filming.

I'm quite sure the restriction wasn't up on Friday morning and we both don't remember it being there on Friday evening.
The car didn't appear to have been ticketed - although there was a white blank thin sticker, but not ticket, on the windscreen - but we're not sure so will have to phone the council tomorrow.

Anyone know the rules about temporary parking restrictions? How much notice does the council have to provide us?
Monday 10 September 2012 8.09am
I hate to be the bearer of bad news Ruth, but the notice was definitely there on Friday afternoon. (I remembered in a panic at 10pm on Friday night that I had to move the car, and ran there to realise that I had actually moved the car earlier in the evening).

Obviously that's completely irrelevant information. But the sign was there on Friday for sure.
Monday 10 September 2012 12.36pm
I was told once that the Council should give three weeks notice unless the bay suspension is for emergency work but I've rarely seen signs up that long.

They had a phase of suspending our bays every few weeks for film crews but thankfully that seems to have stopped. Probably because of all the building work round here.
Tuesday 11 September 2012 10.54am
thanks for confirming DamianT - I guess we'll speak to the council

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: