Large tree branch down on TBR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 12 September 2012 9.20am
A large tree branch is down in front of the Tesco Express at the bottom of Tower Bridge Road, blocking the northbound carriageway and the pavement. Looks like a bus hit a tree... unless anyone knows different...

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vwzfrq.jpg

No-one hurt far as I'm aware
Wednesday 12 September 2012 9.53am
Must have hit the tree quiet hard for it to fall. Thanks for sharing the picture
Wednesday 12 September 2012 12.29pm
I seem to recall a similar incident a couple or so year's ago outside the PT Inn but then a lady died. If this is the case surely it is overdue that TFL/Southwark Council or the bus companies, whoever is responsible look at all the trees along TBR.
Wednesday 12 September 2012 8.09pm
Indeed nigelse1, whoever is responsible for the trees next to the roadside has got to make sure they're safe. But I really hope the council (or whoever) prune them responsibly - keeping them safe so there's not another tragedy - but also not slashing them down to stumps - they're pretty much the only nice feature on a grim urban motorway
Wednesday 12 September 2012 8.31pm
Poor tree.
Thursday 13 September 2012 1.54pm
This brings to mind the other thread about the plant massacre...it seems S.Council knows only two possibilities...do nothing or do too much.
Friday 14 September 2012 10.41am
Here's an opportunity to comment directly to the council about tree management - I have just received this notification:

Southwark Council are currently consulting on the Tree Management Strategy which details how we manage and maintain trees throughout the borough and you are invited to contribute your thoughts on this subject. We will be holding two consultation events to present the existing Tree Strategy and to also hear your views on how we can improve the way we manage the boroughs trees.

The events will be held on:
Tuesday 25th September, 7pm at Francis Peak Community Centre, Dulwich Park, College Road, SE21 7BQ, and
Tuesday 2nd October, 7pm at Southwark Park Offices, Gomm Road, SE16 2UA

Southwark's current tree management strategy is here.
Monday 17 September 2012 12.30pm
The whole tree was subsequently cut down leaving quite a high 'stump'!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: