Leathermarket Street traffic calming measures

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 13 September 2012 11.50pm
II've lived on this street for many years and always been alarmed and irritated by the crazily speeding white vans and other road hogs who use it as a cut-through. But now that I've got a toddler to look after I'm wondering if anyone else would be interested in doing some collective lobbying to get some speed bumps or something put in ? What do people think, is it an issue that concerns you ? Cheers. PS - Today I watched two white vans hurtling down in opposite directions and within seconds of each other. It just seems wrong for such a narrow and otherwise quiet road.
Friday 14 September 2012 9.00am
Its an appalling road layout and is a massive run between Long Lane and (via Tanner Street) Tower Bridge Road because of the inability to turn right into Druid Street for Southbound traffic coming accross Tower Bridge and the dreadful juction at Long Lane/Abbey Street and Tower Bridge Road in any direction...and has been for a long time now. I had conversations with TfL a good few years ago about this but they didn't seem that interested. They did send a couple of people once to sit and count the traffic going down the road but nothing came of it. SC aren't interested either...I pointed out that there is a primary school on the other side of Leathermarket Gardens but they said as there were no reports of people being injured despite numerous car crashes at the blind bend they wouldn't be doing anything....other than painting the double yellow lines (upgrade from single) on the bend which took 2 years of constant badgering and harrassing their traffic team. It was raised on here when the CC came in but there seemed to be a lot of feeling against trying to disperese the traffic from Leathermarket Street o the basis that it would cause more traffic on other streets...notably Long Lane and Druid Street.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: