Safe parking SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 14 September 2012 1.36pm
Hi all,

I moved up to Suffolk a few years ago after living in SE1 for 10 years (and being a regular on this forum!).

Coming back for a visit and staying with my friend in Elephant and Castle and driving and just wondering where a good place to park my car is. I used to park it in Butlers Wharf but would prefer somewhere closer to Strata building where he lives.

Feel so out of touch, and would welcome any advice on where might be good to park it!
Thanks,
Sophie
Friday 14 September 2012 5.46pm
Sorry if this seems fatuous, but doesn't Strata have its own parking - and if so, does your friend have a space, or the right to use/hire a space?
Saturday 15 September 2012 7.05pm
longlaner wrote:
Sorry if this seems fatuous, but doesn't Strata have its own parking - and if so, does your friend have a space, or the right to use/hire a space?

From the plans it looks like 408 flats and 34 parking spaces. I know Southwark really wants to reduce car usage but that's a joke.
Sunday 16 September 2012 3.09pm
that kind of explains why off street parking is so expensive and parking on the street is so hard to find. surely there should be a % of parking spaces (25% minimum) per number of flats in any new development? in a city as crowded as London as much parking as possible should be "underground"
Sunday 16 September 2012 7.38pm
Around Trinity Church Square is free to park after 6.30 on Friday through to 8.30 Monday morning.
Monday 17 September 2012 9.44am
The planners want zero parking spaces for each new scheme to discourage car use. In reality, it just means that local streets get clogged up.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Monday 17 September 2012 3.42pm
the reason for zero parking spaces is to force residents to buy council permits. It is a cash raising move nothing else.
Monday 17 September 2012 4.12pm
Nonsense - most residents of new developments are ineligible to apply for on-street parking permits.

And the Elephant & Castle is one of the best connected locations for public transport in the UK - most people really do not need a car if they are living at somewhere like Strata.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: