Moonraker noise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 17 September 2012 11.55pm
It appears students are already causing serious disruption to residents of Great Suffolk st barely two days into after moving in.

The building is barely half full yet party noise and loud discussions can be heard going on late into the night.

Are any other residents being affected?

Does anyone know which university is attached to this student residents?
Tuesday 18 September 2012 1.41pm
We seem to have an increased number of groups of young people hanging around on The Cut late at night; possibly there's a connection. They laugh and talk very loudly, enough for me to hear them on the 11th floor. It's no doubt Freshers' Week and hopefully they will settle down once they have got into a routine.
Tuesday 18 September 2012 2.27pm
i'm hoping it'll settle down once the novelty of being away from home wears off.
replacing a single story factory with an 800 student monstrosity that blocks out the sky was never going to go that well. Giving them balconies to hang out on was a particular stroke of genius.

loving that they were being dropped off by parents driving range rovers, mercedes and bmw's, education for all...
Tuesday 18 September 2012 10.17pm
There was a news story on the site in June reporting that the "nomination rights" to places in the development are now with Kings College London.
Wednesday 19 September 2012 11.28am
From my hazy memories of university, the first couple of weeks of the first term were usually the most hectic and, therefore, anti-social from the perspective of local residents.

I am very surprised that they built student accomodation with balconies!

|Free calls to USA & Canada | |
Wednesday 19 September 2012 11.43am
Smoking ban indoors?
Wednesday 19 September 2012 8.03pm
balconies, inhouse laundry and an address with the word moonraker in it...
Saturday 22 September 2012 12.17am
I live in block of flats opposite the student block and can hear people shouting in the street below as I write this. After living next to an incredibly noisy building site for 2 years which woke me up 6 days a week (sometimes 7) I am now finding that I am being woken up at night by the inhabitants of the now finished building! Since Sunday night there has been noise in to the early hours every night. My boyfriend and I got woken up about 4 times last night from noisy students making their way back to their accommodation.

Its so frustrating as we absolutely love the area and living on Great Suffolk Street but we're not sure that we can deal with being woken up every night. I hope that you are right Pixie about them settling down after freshers week.

The accommodation is run by Unite but when I went on the site there is no email address to contact them. There is a phone number - 0800 783 4213 or on (+44) 117 302 7497 - For all enquiries Monday to Friday 8am to 8.30pm, Saturdays 9am to 5pm and Sundays 10am to 4pm

Also the head office address is: UNITE, The Core, 40 St Thomas Street, Bristol, BS1 6JX.

If the noise continues I will be contacting them via phone and letter and I hope that others will do the same. Even if they could just put signs up in rooms to remind students to keep the noise down that'd be something!

Anyway - rant over!
Saturday 22 September 2012 12.29am
i take it the explosions and cracking noises just before midnight were student japery and not civil war breaking out...

Unite bought the building, i remember getting the press release about it proudly adding the building to their portfolio...but as stated above it seems kings have leased most of the flats so i think complain to them first.
Monday 24 September 2012 10.05pm
A round of applause for the developer's consultant who swore that not such thing would happen because students are always well behaved, you know.

And another one for our Labour and Libdem Councillors who voted for this project despite the opposition of the people who actually live there.

Could the chair of the planing committee take a bow in this thread. I guess you didn't see it coming, did you? Who could have predicted that allowing a development with twice the legal density (so that the developer can make a tidy profit) would cause trouble.

I really would like to know where those Section 16 money got spent? Great Suffolk street? Don't think so...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: