Rockingham Estate-Dissertation participants

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 September 2012 8.32pm
I am writing prospectively with the intent of requesting assistance in sourcing potential participants willing to take part in the interview stages of an undergraduate dissertation about urban design and the lived experience of resident women, centered on the Rockingham Estate provisionally titled:

"Women and Social Housing: An Integrated consideration of the urban landscape and the lived experience of resident women on the Rockingham Estate"

To briefly introduce myself, my name is Reece Lemon and I am a former tenant of a property bordering the estate. During my two-year tenancy, I was fascinated by the ways in which different individuals negotiate the Rockingham Estate, primarily driven by differing opinions about and movements through the estate revealed first by such differences between myself and my partner. It is these differences that I wish to explore at greater length and in much greater depth.

My proposed research thesis endeavours to demonstrate how a subjective perception of the urban environment influences and shapes habitual activities, or the lived experience, of resident women (and men) of the Rockingham estate.

In order to fulfill this research objective I require access to current residents of the Rockingham Estate, and I wonder if you may be of assistance in sourcing potential participants?

Importantly, individuals involved in the study are to be treated with complete anonymity. The data they provide shall be used only within the frames of academic research, with the sole intention of using said data to further academic work into social housing and the lived experience of resident women, and in particular providing an interesting snapshot of life on the Rockingham Estate.

If you have any further questions or would like further information, I am more than happy to oblige and can be contacted primarily at this email address, or if you've any issues or questions to discuss at length, via telephone:

reece.lemon@kcl.ac.uk
07552 656040

I am able to send anyone a blank participant information sheet detailing key information about the research process and its overall aims, what is required of participants, the outcomes and benefits of this project and key contact information as and when.

I look forward to hearing from any of you with any news or help you may have. Alternatively, if anyone knows of a member of the community association I can contact that would be great- I've tried sending many an email to addresses listed in the most recent newsletter!

My kindest regards,

Reece Lemon

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: