Rockingham Estate safety

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 25 September 2012 10.56pm
I've been a lurker and very occasional poster for ages. Now I'd like to consult your local knowledge. I'm thinking of moving to the Rockingham Estate. It used to have a dreadful reputation, but I believe that things have improved. Has it become any safer? Thanks in advance for any info/opinions.
Susan
Wednesday 26 September 2012 10.15am
I have lived in the Rockingham for 11 years and I find it safe. I think it depends on the building though. There are parts I wouldn't live in because of the inhabitants. The only issue I have had recently is people using drugs in the stairwell of my building but after reporting it they the wardens have increased patrols and there have been no more incedences (touch wood). On the whole surprisingly quiet considering the location.
Wednesday 26 September 2012 11.07am
I live on the Rockingham Estate. On the whole I find it a peaceful and pleasant place to live. There’s also a reasonably active TRA and allotments on the estate too.

There are antisocial activities but they occur all over London. As with all things, if there’s antisocial behaviour, report it and it gets dealt with. Problems only tend to increase when people sit inside their homes thinking ‘Nothing to do with me’.

I think you’ll find it a fine place to live and it’s incredibly accessible to the centre of London.
Wednesday 26 September 2012 11.26am
Thank you jcpse1 and dronid. I'd noticed the allotments - I love growing things to eat, and it does feel OK walking around. I suppose people getting on with their lives peacefully doesn't make "news".

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: