Christmas hampers for the elderly

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 26 September 2012 10.03am
Christmas is coming and for some it is a lonely and isolated time. I am putting together some hampers to donate to local residential homes in SE1. I have had confirmation from M & S Southwark Street that they will donate food items and general help for my hampers! If you would like to help out please email me for this worth while cause! Thanks!

Wednesday 26 September 2012 1.08pm
Does Johnny from the lane still hold their Christmas lunch for pensioners? they used to collect the people who could not walk too, was it Johnny Wallington?

Are you talking about individual items for hampers Wayn to be delivered to peoples homes? that sounds a wonderful idea.
Wednesday 26 September 2012 1.41pm

I dont know Johnny from the lane so can not answer that question.
I am thinking more about residential homes in se1. One for ease and second because I can reach out to a large number of the elderly in one go. There are three in se1 I have identified for this project, so any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Wednesday 26 September 2012 2.09pm
What would be an idea Wayn for people in residential homes whether nursing or care homes, would be nice smelly things , talc, deodorant,aftershave,perfumes, sweets, tissues, bedsocks. etc.,

When people have to go in these places they are only allowed to retain a tiny amount of 'pocket money' despite having worked all their lives and made a great contribution to the war efforts.

Any nice things or treats have to come out of their allocated cash!

I think when my husband was in nursing home, the wonderful st.olaves, now sadly closed we had to buy everything he needed, clothes, diabetic sweets, aftershave, razors and of course his ruddy fags!
Wednesday 26 September 2012 2.51pm
Hello, on a separate but related note I wonder how many older people in the borough are aware of the St Olave, St Thomas and St John United Charity based in Druid Street? My Dad got a birthday gift from them every year when he was alive and they provide a wonderful service. I'm not sure how you apply but it's open to older people living in Bermondsey.
Wednesday 26 September 2012 3.29pm
Hi Wayn, I would be very interested in helping out, I am very busy this week but would be free from next week onwards, on another note I would also like to somehow include those people that are alone but still living independently? if possible? if you could send me your email address i will be in contact next week? Thanks Wayn, noble cause x
Thursday 27 September 2012 9.24am
thank you everyone for your ideas and support! i am in the process of organising the project ie, donations, boxes and a lot of admin :-). i will keep posting with updates and will probably arrange a group meeting locally so keep the ideas coming and watch this space.
samlouise my email is look forward to hearing from you!
Thursday 27 September 2012 2.46pm
Hi Wayn

Would be happy to help, shall I reach you on gmail? :)
Thursday 27 September 2012 4.04pm
I am also very happy to help. Have sent you a note :)
Friday 28 September 2012 10.11pm
I am happy to help too
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: