Little Bread Pedlar, Abbey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 27 September 2012 4.05pm
Just to let the forum foodies know that The Little Bread Pedlar has opened an outlet in the main section of Abbey Street east yes east of Tower Bridge Road. They are located in the terrace of shops by the pedestrian crossing and seem to be selling coffee, croissants, bread.

I have no connections with LBP and know little about speciality foods but I just hope they receive local support or with the cost of rent, rates etc they will not be trading in Abbey Street for very long.
Thursday 27 September 2012 4.34pm
Went in last week. All still very new but a friendly team and good produce. Not cheap but good quality.
Thursday 27 September 2012 9.44pm
I will go and check them out next time I go to the laundrette.
Friday 28 September 2012 1.26pm
Thanks to this post I went there today and bought a delicious, really outstanding almond croissant and a sour dough loaf. Not cheap, indeed, but still less expensive than the very expensive and nearly neighbour Del Aziz.

Welcome to the hood!
Friday 28 September 2012 3.17pm
do they sell granary bread? we used to make our own with a flour called 'vectis malty' but can't find it any more. i have the saudades for a bit of granary bread. So far anthing i've tried from a little pedlar type baker has tasted of salt rather than malt.
Saturday 29 September 2012 11.10am
Marriage mill a good vectis malty they just don't call it that. It's stocked by Abel and Cole (although seems to be out of stock)

It's also available direct, or they list a number of stockists albeit none in SE1.
Saturday 29 September 2012 12.16pm
thanks, i've tried country fayre, it's not as good though i may have liked it more if i hadn't had the vectis first. I think the real vectis malty may be in flour heaven now. We are going to road test miller's malty from water mill flour mill, IOW.
Saturday 29 September 2012 3.29pm
Nudging the conversation back to LBP, I found their new place charming. The pastries really are the business.
Monday 1 October 2012 1.32pm
Is it expensive?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: