JJ's Korean Bar and Restaurant, New Kent Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 29 September 2012 9.12am
Anyone been? Until today, somehow I had missed that this Korean bar and restaurant is practically on my doorstep, in the old Crown and Anchor pub at 116 New Kent Road. No signage, so some sort of soft launch since July.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/JJ-Korean-Restaurant-and-Bar/439283699450345
Saturday 29 September 2012 11.38am
Ooooh I LOVE Korean food..
Saturday 29 September 2012 2.08pm
They serve home-cooked meals at lunch and dinner, Jackie, and Korean bar snacks the rest of the time. For the next few weeks you can order a free seafood pancake if you have the discount flyer!

Current clientele seem to be mostly well groomed Korean students.

I *think* this might be the first Korean bar in London, although of course therethere are some in New Malden. It's certainly an improvement on the Crown and Anchor, which was a charmless place.
Saturday 29 September 2012 6.59pm
I've heard that their hot-dogs are to die for.
Sunday 30 September 2012 8.55am
Debrajoan wrote:
<sigh> Predictable, misinformed and unfunny response.
Sunday 30 September 2012 11.04am
Yup...old joke that one...
Sunday 30 September 2012 11.27am
Andrew H wrote:
Debrajoan wrote:
Feeling a bit grumpy today? First having a pop at Rambling Phil, then Debrajoan...
Sunday 30 September 2012 11.40am
Andrew H wrote:
Debrajoan wrote:

So, I see the sense of humour transplant was a success Andrew.
Incidentally, according to Wikipedia, 5 - 30% of S. Koreans say that they do not eat dog meat, but 62% admit to doing so.
Dog meat doesn't appeal to me, but I've regularly eaten horse meat in France, I've eaten zebra, lion, alligator, and mahi-mahi, (dolphin), in the US, all kinds of antelope in S. Africa, and kangaroo and emu in Australia, and I'm not misinforming you when I say that with the possible exception of lion, I would not hesitate to eat it all again.
Sunday 30 September 2012 11.54am
Tom Pepper wrote:
Andrew H wrote:
Debrajoan wrote:

So, I see the sense of humour transplant was a success Andrew.
Incidentally, according to Wikipedia, 5 - 30% of S. Koreans say that they do not eat dog meat, but 62% admit to doing so.
Dog meat doesn't appeal to me, but I've regularly eaten horse meat in France, I've eaten zebra, lion, alligator, and mahi-mahi, (dolphin), in the US, all kinds of antelope in S. Africa, and kangaroo and emu in Australia, and I'm not misinforming you when I say that with the possible exception of lion, I would not hesitate to eat it all again.
I had bear once, wouldn't hesitate to it again. Swiss Mostbroeckli (horsemeat) is delicious.
Sunday 30 September 2012 12.46pm
I ate a clown once - it tasted funny.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: