Human faeces

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 30 September 2012 3.30pm
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to burden you with an unsavoury topic for a Sunday afternoon, but I thought I'd share my travails with you in case posting here might be a more effective way of reaching the council than my other efforts so far.

Sad to say, today is the one month anniversary of a pile of human faeces on the pavement outside my house.

The faeces have become quite well rotted down now, and happily the stench is significantly diminished.

As it shrinks with time, it occurs to me that eventually the street cleaners may clean in away accidentally, not recognising it as faeces, rather than carefully cleaning around it as they have done so far. Oh what a happy day that will be.

(Yes, I do realise that I could clear it away myself, and that it is conceivably the poo of a very large dog - with a nasty diet - and not in fact human. Sadly though, street drinkers on my steps have become the bane of my life, with a relentlessness of noise, damage, beer cans, broken glass, puddles of urine and piles of faeces, at all hours of day and night, and I've reached a point where I draw the line at picking up their ****.)

On a more positive note, I should say that my local police team and local councillors have been very helpful, albeit with a limited impact on the problem.

Who would have thunk it would be so difficult to get one pile of poo removed from our pavements?

All the best,

Jessica

Quote:
From my latest street cleaning request just now on the council's website (ref 162867):

Hello, this is the sixth time I am reporting to you the same pile of human faeces on the pavement next to my house at the address above.

It has now been there for a calendar month. The street cleaners have carefully cleaned all around it several times.

I would be grateful if you could remove it.

My previous reports:
31/08/12 by phone (no reference received)
10/09/12 by phone (reference 8007140407)
10/09/12 on this website (reference 158708)
12/09/12 on this website (no reference received)
17/09/12 by phone (no reference number available as I called just after 5pm)

Here is a photo of it on 21/09/12: http://www.flickr.com/photos/52340442@N03/8039465682/
And here is one today (30/09/12): http://www.flickr.com/photos/52340442@N03/8039436051/
Zoe
Sunday 30 September 2012 4.01pm
Experience tells me it is human, stick a complaint in (complaints@southwark.gov.uk).
Sunday 30 September 2012 5.17pm
Aha! Nice. Thank you Zoe, I'll do that.
Monday 1 October 2012 6.21am
mention the terms ' enviromental health concern ' and ' local authorities statutory responsabilities ' when complaining
Monday 1 October 2012 10.25am
Thank you Steve, a great tip.

I know, it really is a health hazard. Yuk yuk yuk.
Monday 1 October 2012 3.32pm
Hurrah! It's gone.

The magic dust of the SE1 forum has done its work.
Monday 1 October 2012 5.25pm
I expect a councillor read this and helped to release some blockage within the council.
Monday 1 October 2012 5.44pm
Nice pics Jessica. I always think Im dodging human turds down great guildford street/sumner st, and Webber st obviously. Now Im not so sure, but placement as well as fecal consistencey is important. I just know that big pile of pooh right in the corner by the telephone exchange box and the fence on the corner where guildford street meets sumner st was definitely human.

What manner of dog has the foresight and decency to curl one out right there in the corner ffs. Ive thought about it and imo it would make a good squatting place for a human, it would give your back proper support and you could hoist your shoulders/arms onto the fence/exchange box and garner some extra upper body support that way.

Personally I hate the stinky piss puddles, & dont get me started on that pile of vomit on pocock street that scarred the pavement for well over a year.
Monday 1 October 2012 5.49pm
If I am anyone to go by - the subject of this thread has been putting me off me dinner from the start. If I worked for the council and were the recipient of an email titled "Human Faeces" I would have run over there straight away to clean it up just to be able to have lunch again. So I am kind of hoping now that the offending item has been removed, the thread will rapidly disappear down the page... I have seen people defecating on the street at least twice and I was too disgusted to say anything.
Monday 1 October 2012 6.08pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
If I am anyone to go by - the subject of this thread has been putting me off me dinner from the start. If I worked for the council and were the recipient of an email titled "Human Faeces" I would have run over there straight away to clean it up just to be able to have lunch again. So I am kind of hoping now that the offending item has been removed, the thread will rapidly disappear down the page... I have seen people defecating on the street at least twice and I was too disgusted to say anything.

Sorry about your dinner, eDWaRD WooDWaRD.

But if you happen upon someone pooing in the street, you should try this approach imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KLJYSpM_G0
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: