How safe is Bermondsey?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 2 October 2012 12.47pm
Hello everyone, just wanted to ask a question how safe is it in the Bermondsey area around Jamaica Rd as thinking of sending my child to St Micheals Catholic College SE16. Or do any of you know the school at all? Would really like peoples views on this. Thank you
Tuesday 2 October 2012 4.08pm
The college has a good reputation and its results are above the national average.

According to the Metropolitan Police Crime Mapping site, crime for the area around that postcode is average. See for yourself here: enter the college postcode (SE16 4UN) in the search window.
Tuesday 2 October 2012 6.35pm
My daughter went there and enjoyed it thoroughly. Came out with good grades also. It has benefitted from a complete rebuild over the past four years so has all of the latest equipment. With regards to crime, I would say that it is probably as safe now as when it was when I was growing up in that area in the seventies (probably safer). I never had a problem and neither did my daughter.
Tuesday 2 October 2012 8.06pm
Please see this link re: St Michael's RC College, Bermondsey.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/137322

If you went to any of the open days recently, you can not help but be impressed by quality of the new bullding and the passion of the teachers/staff

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: