New licence on Park Street?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 2 October 2012 4.40pm
I've noticed that there's an application for a new license to sell alcohol & play music at 30 Park St SE1.
Nothing unusual there you'd think unless you knew that this is a relatively new office block & that the application runs over 3 floors of the building & that the application is by The Chamber of Shipping who are the organisation that overlooks shipping in this country according to their website.
The application is only applying for a licence to supply alcohol & play music until 10.30pm Mon-Fri.
The question that I'm asking is why is the Chamber of Shipping applying to sell alcohol over 3 floors of it's offices midweek while playing music & then close before the pubs?
Something just doesn't add up here.
Tuesday 2 October 2012 6.22pm
For the sae reason, I suspect, that church halls now have licensees - if alcohol is being provided to a group, a license is now required. I suspect many offices now have them to cover client functions.
Tuesday 2 October 2012 7.16pm
I don't think that's right as you don't need a license to give your staff or clients a drink & play them a few tunes & Church halls always needed licenses if they sold double diamond & let folks cut a rug to Jim Reeves.
Ships & boats are free from licencing restrictions as long as they are sailing so why doesn't the Chamber of Shipping just pull a favour with some of the watermen?
Forgive the pun but something in my water says that all is not as it seems.
I love a mystery.
Wednesday 3 October 2012 8.32am
perhaps a bar selling alcohol to staff?
Wednesday 3 October 2012 10.32am
Have you tried asking them?
Wednesday 3 October 2012 1.57pm
Do they have a function room they occasionally hire-out?
Thursday 11 October 2012 8.43am
lucysalisbury wrote:
Have you tried asking them?

Yes I did & they told me to ask on here

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network