Councillor calls for crack down on pubs on wheels

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Zoe
Sunday 7 October 2012 5.49pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/6340

Could they ban the noisy people who use the pubs near us, or is it just Shad Thames that need to be protected from noise?

Related news & features

Sunday 7 October 2012 6.07pm
Ummm....we live in a big city. This isn't stow on the wold. Big cities are noisy
Zoe
Sunday 7 October 2012 8.12pm
And yet bits of the city are extremely quiet and those who live near Hyde Park have got some steict limits on the noise from concerts. I just don't accept I need to be kept awake till 2am because a tiny number of people want to drink and shout in the street.

Sorry for the typo in the title, I really must buy a proper keyboard for my iPad!
Sunday 7 October 2012 8.43pm
they need to be restricted if not banned. Pubs are great, especially for local people ( like me ), these ' pubs on wheels ' are just people shouting loudly outside my window because the organisers encourage patrons to.
Sunday 7 October 2012 10.26pm
SteveR wrote:
they need to be restricted if not banned. Pubs are great, especially for local people ( like me ), these ' pubs on wheels ' are just people shouting loudly outside my window because the organisers encourage patrons to.

Pubs are great when people stay inside the defined boundaries of the pub. When they spill out in the street (pavement and in some cases, the road) shouting, puking, abusing passers-by, they become anti-social morons. At least the pedal pub is a passing nuisance.
Sunday 7 October 2012 10.36pm
These pedibuses go to/through the Borough Market and the surrounding streets and they are a blinking nuisance - people shouting and screaming at the top of their voices and music that is so loud it's distorted and tinny
boroughpaul wrote:
Ummm....we live in a big city. This isn't stow on the wold. Big cities are noisy
I know this is a big city and big cities are noisy - I've lived locally for 60+ years - but at least they should be kept to main roads and not small residential streets. It is not just one of them; there are 2 or 3 going round and round the same locations for hours. It's not just me being a boring old fuddy-duddy, neighbours half my age are saying the same.
Sunday 7 October 2012 11.44pm
On Thursday I saw 7 grandmas on one!! Literally late 60s-80s in age by borough market. I smiled and it actually made my day. Party and peddle hard ladies! (they have never seemed that noisy when I have seen them)
Monday 8 October 2012 8.35am
They are a bit annoying, and I wouldn't care less if they were banned, but not sure they're a priority. Huge trucks roaring around drown out the pedi-pubs – and I'm not worried about being run-over by a pedi-pub – if a Councillor’s going to have a focus I'd have thought traffic calming would be a better one
Monday 8 October 2012 9.13am
I'm in favour of these, I think they are fun to see.

My flat is on their route and they are not that noisy. Never have I heard it past 10pm either. They also act as an informal traffic calmer down Long Lane, which is welcoming.

A few seconds of above average noise as one of these trundles past your window on a weekend is truly a first world problem...I think people sometimes lose perspective on this forum.

As Mr Badger says above, let's tackle the real traffic issues before the novelty ones.
Monday 8 October 2012 11.08am
I live just off Tanner street and of late pedibuses have been going along Bermondsey st.

Roughly 1 month ago while walking along Bermondsey street at about 5pm on a saturday afternoon, one went past loaded up with drunk lads/men and I was verbally abused with homophobic taunts! A teenage girl was also just ahead of me and as they passed her and indeed followed her along her route she was subjected to a barrage of sexist taunts. This was only 2 members of the public along a 20 metre stretch of their route, how many others were 'attacked' in this way?!?!

The man 'in charge' of the pedibus at no time did anything to stop his occupants from abusing us!

I called the pedibus company (pedibus.co.uk) and complained to one of the directors and told him of the abuse I had received and witnessed. He was apologetic and said that the bus was supervised by a new member of staff and action would be taken. Obviously behaviour like this is unacceptable and I told him that if anymore incidents like this were observed/noted I would be reporting his company to the police and my local councillor!

It's good to see that this issue is now being highlighted. While I do not want to see peoples enjoyment being stopped, members of the public must be protected from such incidents of antisocial behaviour.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: