Injured fox

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 19 October 2012 7.51pm
hello lovely se1-ers
Our local fox of the cornor SBR/ Copperfield st has sustained a bad leg/foot injury- though there is no visable sign of what it is. He/she can't put weight on it and is hoping on three legs.
Do you know anywhere I can report this- RSPCA will only come if I catch the animal- which I don't think is a great idea- duh!
There seems to be helplines for injured animal s for many boroughs but not Southwark
Friday 19 October 2012 9.33pm
Kory,
You could try the London Wildlife Trust
http://www.wildlondon.org.uk/

Don't think they come out to rescue but they may be able to point you in the right direction. They are based in Union Street so local to your area. Other than that, maybe the Dogs Trust can help?

I've been told that during the mating season foxes fight and get injured but I don't think it's the right time of the year. Hope the little chap will be ok.
Saturday 20 October 2012 9.02am
Thanks Debra G- Ihave emailed WildLondon
to see if they can help- he (the fox) is their neighbour too!
Saturday 20 October 2012 9.22am
Try the Fox Project..John Bryant 07778 909092...or Lisa Fox welfare 07778 183954.

i contacted them years ago...hope numbers are still current...think lisa was in rotherhithe. i had same response from r.s.p.c.a told me fox had to be in reach of catchpole,,,Hope that helps you Kory, I only have 1 fox in my garden now.
Saturday 20 October 2012 10.12am
Thanks Jan the Old One I will give them a try
Saturday 20 October 2012 10.40am
Been advised to leave to leave out a honey sandwich with arnica in it
That was the right number Jan so thanks- though they will only come out if the fox is down- and our fella is on the hop
Off to get arnica and honey? Thanks again all.
Saturday 20 October 2012 11.32am
Some years back I contacted a fox welfare place, I have a feeling that it was in north Kent somewhere, re- a fox that had had taken up residence in my rear garden and was afflicted heavily with mange.
They sent me some mange medication and advised putting it into bread and jam sandwiches, the girl on the phone said that for foxes, bread and jam was to die for!
Saturday 20 October 2012 9.58pm
Honey/arnica sandwich deposited 8.15pm gone at 10.45- hopefully our little fox enjoyed it and not somebody on the way home from the pub!
Sunday 21 October 2012 5.39pm
Kory,
Going back to your first post, I was dismayed to read the RSPCA's response when you consider their fund raising ads on the tv, where they show their officers climbing fences and hacking through undergrowth to rescue injured animals. It reminded me of an incident some years back when I was driving home one winter's night and spotted what turned out to be a badly injured cat lying in the road. I carefully put it in the boot and took it home. The poor thing was, in my opinion, in no state to be moved again and as far as I could tell, beyond being saved. I found the out-of-hours number of a local vet who I hoped would put the poor thing out of its misery, but he refused to travel the whole 2 miles unless I paid him 25. While I was telling him what I thought of his lack of compassion, my wife called to me that the cat had just taken its last breath. No one expects anyone to work for nothing, but there are times when the milk of human kindness should flow without financial reward.
Sunday 21 October 2012 6.56pm
Thats a horrid story Chalky- but sure the cat, appreciated spending it's last hours with such kind people
PS Honey and arnica buttys going down a treat with the fox- hope it is working on his paw, yes I am turning into one of those mad 'feed the birds' ladies!!!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: